IDCB Drift-Clip Bypass Framing Connector
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Deflection Connectors. You can also view product information related to the category: Drift Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The IDCB drift-clip connector is used to secure bypass stud framing to the edge of a slab. The connector will accommodate 1" of lateral drift in each direction and 1" of upward and downward vertical deflection. Tested load values are provided for anchorage to a steel-edge angle using #12 x 1 1/4" Strong-Drive® XL Large-Head Metal screws.
- Horizontal embossments and corner gussets optimize performance in the F2 load direction
- Precision-manufactured shouldered screws provided with the IDCB connector are designed to prevent overdriving and to ensure that the clip functions properly
- Simpson Strong-Tie No-Equal® stamps mark the center of the slots to help ensure correct shouldered screw and anchor placement
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use the specified type and number of fasteners and anchors.
- In the vertical slots, use the specified number of #14 shouldered screws (included) for attachment to the stud. Install screws to align with the "No-Equal" stamp.
- For attachment to a minimum 3/16"- and maximum 1/2"-thick steel-edge angle, use Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive XL Large-Head Metal screws (XLQ114B1224). Use one screw centered in each horizontal slot. Install screws to align with the No-Equal stamp and back out 1/2 turn.
- For fastener installation into steel backed by concrete, predrilling of both the steel and the concrete may be required. For predrilling, use a maximum 3/16"-diameter drill bit.
- IDCB45.5-KT25 contains (25) IDCB45.5 connectors and (83) XLSH78B1414 #14 shouldered screws
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||Product Includes||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|IDCB45.5-KT25||97||12||(83) XLSH78B1414 #14 shouldered screws||Zinc Galvanized, G90||25|
Code Reports & Compliance