SCW Head-of-Wall Slide-Clip Connector
The SCW connectors offer 1" of upward and 1" of downward movement. They are primarily used in head-of-wall applications that require vertical movement relative to the structure. SCW connectors are often used to strengthen window and door jambs for projects that utilize slip track.
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use the specified type and number of anchors.
- Use the specified number of #14 shouldered screws (included). Install shouldered screws in the slots adjacent to the No-Equal® stamp.
- Use a maximum of one screw per slot.
- Box of 25 connectors
- (55) XLSH34B1414 #14 shouldered screws
- Box of 25 connectors
- (83) XLSH34B1414 #14 shouldered screws
Note: Replacement #14 shouldered screws for SCW connectors are XLSH34B1414-RP83
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||W (in.)||Product Includes||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|SCW3.25-KT||54||16||3 1/4||25 connectors; (55) XLSH34B1414 #14 shouldered screws||Zinc Galvanized, G90||25|
|SCW5.5-KT||54||16||5 1/2||25 connectors; (83) XLSH34B1414 #14 shouldered screws||Zinc Galvanized, G90||25|
SCW Allowable Connector Loads (lb.)
- When the SCW5.5 connector is used with two shouldered screws, install screws in the outermost slots.
- Allowable loads are based on clips installed with all holes in the anchor leg filled with #12–14 screws. For other anchorage installations, the capacity of the connection system will be the minimum of the tabulated value and the allowable load from the SCW Allowable Anchorage Loads table below.
- Tabulated loads are applicable for the following framing widths:
SCW3.25 — 3 1/2", 3 5/8", 4" and 5 1/2"
SCW5.5 — 6", 8" (18 ga. min.), 10" and 12" (16 ga. min.)
SCW Allowable Anchorage Loads (lb.)
- For additional important information, see Innovative Solutions for Curtain-Wall Framing.
- Allowable loads are for clip anchorage only. The capacity of the connection system will be the minimum of the tabulated value and the allowable load from the SCW Allowable Connector Loads table above.
- Tabulated values require a minimum 1 1/2" edge distance for masonry screws in concrete.
- See Fastening Systems and Direct Fastening for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance