ET-HP® Epoxy Adhesive
ET-HP is a two-component, high-solids, epoxy-based system for use as a non-shrink anchor-grouting material. ET-HP is formulated for anchoring threaded rod and rebar into concrete (cracked and uncracked) and masonry (uncracked).
- Jobsite versatility — can be specified for dry and damp conditions when in-service temperatures range from -40°F (-40°C) to 150°F (65°C)
- Permissible for use with metric threaded rod and rebar
- Multiple State and DOT approvals
- Easy hole-cleaning — no power-brushing required
- Manufactured in the USA using global materials
|Mix Ratio/Type||1:1 epoxy|
|Base Materials||Concrete — cracked and uncracked |
Masonry — uncracked
Unreinforced Masonry (URM) — uncracked
|Base Material Conditions||Dry, water-saturated|
|Anchor Type||Threaded rod or rebar|
|Substrate Installation Temperature||50°F (10°C) to 100°F (38°C)|
|In-Service Temperature Range||-40°F (-40°C) to 150°F (65°C)|
|Storage Temperature||45°F (7°C) and 90°F (32°C)|
|Shelf Life||24 Months|
|Volatile Organic Compound (VOC)||3 g/L|
|Model No.||Option||Packaging Qty.||Carton Qty.||Compatible Tools|
|ET-HP22-N||22-oz. side-by-side cartridgeIncludes (1) EMN22i mixing nozzle and (1) extension||1||10||EDT22S, EDTA22P, EDTA22CKT dispensing tools / EMN22i mixing nozzle|
- Threaded rod anchoring and rebar doweling into concrete and unreinforced masonry
- Suitable for horizontal, vertical and overhead applications
- Multiple DOT listings
- Surfaces to receive epoxy must be clean.
- Base material temperature must be 50°F (10°C) or above at the time of installation. For best results, material should be 70°F (21°C) to 80°F (27°C) at time of application.
- To warm cold material, store cartridges in a warm, uniformly heated area or storage container. Do not immerse cartridges in water or use microwave to facilitate warming.
- Mixed material in nozzle can harden in 30 minutes at temperatures of 70°F (21°C) and above.
- Use only Simpson Strong-Tie mixing nozzles in accordance with Simpson Strong-Tie instructions. Modification or improper use of mixing nozzle may impair ET-HP adhesive performance.
- For full instructions, see Adhesive Anchoring Installation Instructions.
- ET-HP has been tested in accordance with ICC-ES AC308, AC58, AC60, ACI 355.4 and applicable ASTM test methods.
|Base Material |
|Base Material |
|Gel Time (mins.)||Cure Time (hrs.)|
|1. For water-saturated concrete, the cure times must be doubled.|
ET-HP Typical Properties
|Property||Class B||Class C||Test Method|
|Bond Strength, Slant Shear||Hardened to Hardened Concrete, 2-Day Cure1||1,300 psi||2,300 psi||ASTM C882|
|Hardened to Hardened Concrete, 14-Day Cure1||1,750 psi||2,400 psi|
|Fresh to Hardened Concrete, 14-Day Cure2||2,800 psi||2,800 psi|
|Compressive Yield Strength, 7-Day Cure2||11,800 psi||16,300 psi||ASTM D695|
|Compressive Modulus, 7-Day Cure2||453,000 psi||595,000 psi||ASTM D695|
|Heat Deflection Temperature, 7-Day Cure2||133°F (56°C)||ASTM D648|
|Glass Transition Temperature, 7-Day Cure2||121°F (49°C)||ASTM E1356|
|Decomposition Temperature, 24-Hour Cure2||500°F (260°C)||ASTM E2550|
|Water Absorption, 24-Hours, 7-Day Cure2||0.34%||ASTM D570|
|Shore D Hardness, 24-Hour Cure2||86||ASTM D2240|
|Linear Coefficient of Shrinkage, 7-Day Cure2||0.001 in./in.||ASTM D2566|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion2||2.1 x 10-5 in./in.°F||ASTM C531|
Anchoring adhesive shall be a two-component high solids epoxy based system supplied in manufacturer's standard side-by-side cartridge and dispensed through a static-mixing nozzle supplied by the manufacturer. Epoxy shall meet the minimum requirements of ASTM C-881 specification for Type I, II, IV, and V, Grade 3, Class B and C, except gel time, and must develop a minimum 13,390 psi compressive yield strength after 7 day cure. Epoxy must have a heat deflection temperature of a minimum 168°F (76°C). Adhesive shall be ET-HP adhesive from Simpson Strong-Tie, Pleasanton, CA. Anchors shall be installed per Simpson Strong-Tie instructions for ET-HP adhesive.
Code Reports & Compliance