SET-3G™ High-Strength Epoxy Adhesive
Epoxy Anchoring Adhesives
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Epoxy Anchoring Adhesives. You can also view product information related to the category: Strong-Rod® URS Components
SET-3G is an epoxy-based anchoring adhesive with high design strength and proven performance. SET-3G is a 1:1 ratio, two-component, anchoring adhesive for concrete (cracked and uncracked). SET-3G installs and performs in a variety of environmental conditions and temperature extremes.
- Exceptional performance — superior bond strengths permit ductile solutions in high seismic areas.
- Design flexibility — improved sustained load performance at elevated temperature.
- Jobsite versatility — can be specified for all base material conditions when in-service temperatures range from -40°F (-40°C) to 176°F (80°C).
- Recognized per ICC ES AC308 for post-installed rebar development and splice length design provisions.
- Approved for installation with multiple vacuum-drill bit systems without further hole cleaning. See Code Report (ESR-4057) and Engineering Letter for approved systems.
- Wire brush hole-cleaning system for conventional blow-brush-blow cleaning method for anchoring.
- With higher bond strengths, ductile solutions can often be achieved with SET-3G in high seismic areas.
- Low-odor formulation.
- Manufactured in the USA using global materials.
- During the installation of SET-3G, when the correct installation processes are followed, there is no performance difference between water-saturated concrete, water-filled holes, or submerged concrete.
- For use with potable water.
|Mix Ratio/Type||1:1 epoxy|
|Base Materials||Concrete and masonry — cracked and uncracked|
|Base Material Conditions||Dry, water-saturated, water-filled and submerged|
|Anchor Type||Threaded rod or rebar|
|Substrate Installation Temperature||40°F (4°C) to 100°F (38°C)|
|In-Service Temperature Range||-40°F (-40°C) to 176°F (80°C)|
|Storage Temperature||45°F (7°C) and 90°F (32°C)|
|Shelf Life||24 months|
|Volatile Organic Compound (VOC)||2 g/L|
|Model No.||Option||Packaging Qty.||Carton Qty.||Compatible Tools|
|SET3G10||8.5-oz. coaxial cartridge
Includes (1) EMN22i mixing nozzle and (1) extension
|1||12||CDT10S dispensing tool / EMN22i mixing nozzle|
|SET3G22-N||22-oz. side-by-side cartridgeIncludes (1) EMN22i mixing nozzle and (1) extension||1||10||EDT22S, EDTA22P, EDTA22CKT dispensing tools / EMN22i mixing nozzle|
|SET3G56||56 oz. side-by-side cartridge (nozzle not included)||1||6||EDTA56P dispensing tool / EMN22i mixing nozzle|
- Threaded rod anchor and rebar dowel installations in cracked and uncracked concrete under a wide variety of environmental installation and use conditions
- Installation in downward, horizontal and upwardly inclined (including overhead) orientations
- Qualified for use in structures assigned to Seismic Design Categories A through F
- Surfaces to receive epoxy must be clean per approved hole cleaning method.
- Base-material temperatures must be 40°F (4°C) or above at the time of installation. For best results, adhesive should be conditioned to a temperature between 70°F (21°C) and 80°F (37°C) at the time of installation.
- To warm cold adhesive, store cartridges in a warm, uniformly heated area or storage container. Do not immerse cartridges in water or use microwave to facilitate warming.
- Mixed material can harden in the dispensing nozzle within 30 minutes at 70°F (21°C).
- Use only Simpson Strong-Tie mixing nozzles in accordance with Simpson Strong-Tie instructions. Modification or improper use of mixing nozzle may impair SET-3G adhesive performance.
- For full instructions, see Adhesive Anchoring Installation Instructions.
- SET-3G has been tested in accordance with ICC-ES AC308, ACI 355.4 and applicable ASTM test methods.
|Gel Time (mins.)||Cure Time (hrs.)|
|1. For SI: 1°F = (°C x 9/5) + 32. |
2. For water-saturated concrete, water-filled holes and submerged concrete, the cure times should be doubled.
3. For installation of anchors in concrete where the temperature is below 70°F (21°C), the adhesive must be conditioned to a minimum temperature of 70°F (21°C).
SET-3G Typical Properties
|Property||Class B||Class C||Test Method|
|Bond Strength, Slant Shear||Hardened to Hardened Concrete, 2-Day Cure1||3,700 psi||3,300 psi||ASTM C882|
|Hardened to Hardened Concrete, 14-Day Cure1||3,850 psi||3,350 psi|
|Fresh to Hardened Concrete, 14-Day Cure2||2,750 psi||2,750 psi|
|Compressive Yield Strength, 7-Day Cure2||13,000 psi||15,350 psi||ASTM D695|
|Compressive Modulus, 7-Day Cure2||650,000 psi||992,000 psi||ASTM D695|
|Heat Deflection Temperature, 7-Day Cure2||147°F (64°C)||ASTM D648|
|Glass Transition Temperature, 7-Day Cure2||149°F (65°C)||ASTM E1356|
|Decomposition Temperature, 24-Hour Cure2||500°F (260°C)||ASTM E2550|
|Water Absorption, 24-Hours, 7-Day Cure2||0.13%||ASTM D570|
|Shore D Hardness, 24-Hour Cure2||84||ASTM D2240|
|Linear Coefficient of Shrinkage, 7-Day Cure2||0.002 in./in.||ASTM D2566|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion2||2.3 x 10-5 in./in.°F||ASTM C531|
Design Information and Load Tables
- Anchoring Systems Technical and Installation Notes
- Chemical Resistance of Adhesive Anchors
- Adhesive Cartridge Estimator
- Anchor Designer™ Software
- Development Length Rebar Calculator
- Strong-Rod™ Uplift Restraint System — Anchorage Adhesives
- Adhesive Anchor Installation Training
Code Reports & Compliance