SET-XP® High-Strength Epoxy Adhesive
Epoxy Anchoring Adhesives
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Epoxy Anchoring Adhesives. You can also view product information related to the category: Strong-Rod® URS Components
SET-XP is an epoxy-based high-strength anchoring adhesive. SET-XP is a 1:1 ratio, two-component anchoring adhesive for anchoring and doweling into concrete (cracked and uncracked) and masonry (uncracked) applications.
- Design flexibility — permitted for sustained load performance at elevated temperature.
- Jobsite versatility — can be specified for dry and damp conditions when in-service temperatures range from -40°F (-40°C) to 150°F (65°C).
- Recognized per AC308 to be used for rebar development and splice length design provisions of ACI 318.
- Approved for installation with vacuum-drill bit system without further hole cleaning. See Code Report (ESR-2508) for approved system.
- Easy hole-cleaning — no power-brushing required.
- Manufactured in the USA using global materials.
|Mix Ratio/Type||1:1 epoxy|
|Base Materials||Concrete — cracked and uncracked
Masonry — uncracked
|Base Material Conditions||Dry, water-saturated|
|Anchor Type||Threaded rod or rebar|
|Substrate Installation Temperature||50°F (10°C) to 110°F (43°C)|
|In-Service Temperature Range||-40°F (-40°C) to 150°F (65°C)|
|Storage Temperature||45°F (7°C) and 90°F (32°C)|
|Shelf Life||24 months|
|Volatile Organic Compound (VOC)||3 g/L|
|Model No.||Option||Packaging Qty.||Carton Qty.||Compatible Tools|
|SET-XP10||8.5 oz. single cartridgeIncludes (1) EMN22i mixing nozzle and (1) extension||1||12||CDT10S dispensing tool / EMN22i mixing nozzle|
|SET-XP22-N||22-oz. side-by-side cartridgeIncludes (1) EMN22i mixing nozzle and (1) extension||1||10||EDT22S, EDTA22P, EDTA22CKT dispensing tools / EMN22i mixing nozzle|
|SET-XP56||56 oz. side-by-side cartridge (nozzle not included)||1||6||EDTA56P dispensing tool / EMN22i mixing nozzle|
- Threaded rod anchoring and rebar doweling into concrete and masonry
- Recognized per AC308 to be used for rebar development and splice length design provisions of ACI 318
- Suitable for horizontal, vertical and overhead applications
- Multiple DOT listings
- Surfaces to receive epoxy must be clean.
- Base material temperature must be 50°F (10°C) or above at the time of installation. For best results, material should be between 70°F (21°C) and 80°F (27°C) at time of application.
- To warm cold material, store cartridges in a warm, uniformly heated area or storage container. Do not immerse cartridges in water or use microwave to facilitate warming.
- Mixed material in nozzle can harden in 30 minutes at temperatures of 70°F (21°C) and above.
- Use only appropriate Simpson Strong-Tie mixing nozzle in accordance with Simpson Strong-Tie instructions. Modification or improper use of mixing nozzle may impair SET-XP adhesive performance.
- For full instructions, see Adhesive Anchoring Installation Instructions.
- SET-XP has been tested in accordance with ICC-ES AC308, AC58, ACI 355.4 and applicable ASTM test methods.
|Base Material |
|Base Material |
|Gel Time (mins.)||Cure Time (hrs.)|
|1. For water-saturated concrete, the cure times must be doubled.|
SET-XP Typical Properties
|Property||Class C||Test Method|
|Bond Strength, Slant Shear||Hardened to Hardened Concrete, 2-Day Cure1||2,900 psi||ASTM C882|
|Hardened to Hardened Concrete, 14-Day Cure1||3,200 psi|
|Fresh to Hardened Concrete, 14-Day Cure2||2,000 psi|
|Compressive Yield Strength, 7-Day Cure2||14,100 psi||ASTM D695|
|Compressive Modulus, 7-Day Cure2||612,000 psi||ASTM D695|
|Heat Deflection Temperature, 7-Day Cure2||136°F (58°C)||ASTM D648|
|Glass Transition Temperature, 7-Day Cure2||126°F (52°C)||ASTM E1356|
|Decomposition Temperature, 24-Hour Cure2||500°F (260°C)||ASTM E2550|
|Water Absorption, 24-Hours, 7-Day Cure2||0.10%||ASTM D570|
|Shore D Hardness, 24-Hour Cure2||84||ASTM D2240|
|Linear Coefficient of Shrinkage, 7-Day Cure2||0.002 in./in.||ASTM D2566|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion2||2.4 x 10-5 in./in.°F||ASTM C531|
Anchoring adhesive shall be a two-component high-solids, epoxy-based system supplied in manufacturer's standard cartridge and dispensed through a static mixing nozzle supplied by the manufacturer. The adhesive anchor shall have been tested and qualified for performance in cracked and uncracked concrete per ICC-ES AC308. Adhesive shall be SET-XP adhesive from Simpson Strong-Tie, Pleasanton, CA. Anchors shall be installed per Simpson Strong-Tie instructions for SET-XP epoxy adhesive.
Design Information and Load Tables
Code Reports & Compliance