SET-XP® High-Strength Epoxy Adhesive
Epoxy Anchoring Adhesives
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Epoxy Anchoring Adhesives. You can also view product information related to the category: Strong-Rod™ URS Components
SET-XP® epoxy anchoring adhesive is a high-strength formula for anchoring and doweling in cracked and uncracked concrete and masonry applications. It is a two-part system with the resin and hardener being simultaneously dispensed and mixed through the mixing nozzle. When properly mixed, adhesive will be a uniform teal color for easy post-installation identification.
- 1:1 two-component, high-solids, epoxy-based anchoring adhesive formula
- Passed the demanding ICC-ES AC308 adverse-condition tests pertaining to elevated temperatures and long-term sustained loads
- Code listed under the IBC/IRC for cracked and uncracked concrete per ICC-ES ESR-2508
- Code listed under the IBC/IRC for masonry per IAPMO UES ER-265
- Suitable for use under static and seismic loading conditions in cracked and uncracked concrete and masonry
- Cure times: 24 hours at 70°F, 72 hours at 50°F
- Easy hole-cleaning – no power-brushing required
- Suitable for use in dry or water-saturated concrete
- For best results, store between 45°F and 90°F
- Available in 8.5 oz., 22 oz. and 56 oz. cartridges for application versatility
- Manufactured in the USA using global materials
|Model No.||Option||Carton Qty.||Compatible Tools|
|SET-XP10||8.5 oz. single cartridge||12||CDT10S dispensing tool / EMN22i mixing nozzle|
|SET-XP22-N||22 oz. side-by-side cartridge||10||EDT22S, EDTA22P, EDTA22CKT dispensing tools / EMN22i mixing nozzle|
|SET-XP56||56 oz. side-by-side cartridge||6||EDTA56P dispensing tool / EMN22i mixing nozzle|
- Threaded rod anchoring and rebar doweling into concrete and masonry
- Suitable for horizontal, vertical and overhead applications
- Multiple DOT listings
- SET-XP10 – Two EMN22i mixing nozzles and two nozzle extensions are supplied with each cartridge.
- SET-XP22-N – One EMN22i mixing nozzle and one nozzle extension are provided with each cartridge.
Resin – white, hardener – black-green. When properly mixed, SET-XP adhesive will be a uniform teal color.
For best results, store between 45°F–90°F. To store partially used cartridges, leave hardened nozzle in place. To re-use, attach new nozzle.
Shelf Life24 months from date of manufacture in unopened side-by-side cartridge.
- Surfaces to receive epoxy must be clean.
- Base material temperature must be 50°F or above at the time of installation. For best results, material should be between 70°F and 80°F at time of application.
- To warm cold material, store cartridges in a warm, uniformly heated area or storage container. Do not immerse cartridges in water to facilitate warming.
- Mixed material in nozzle can harden in 30 minutes at temperatures of 70°F and above.
- Use only appropriate Simpson Strong-Tie mixing nozzle in accordance with Simpson Strong-Tie instructions. Modification or improper use of mixing nozzle may impair epoxy performance.
- The load tables list values based upon results from the most recent testing and may not reflect those in current code reports. Where code jurisdictions apply, consult the current reports for applicable load values.
- Use only Simpson Strong-Tie® mixing nozzles in accordance with Simpson Strong-Tie instructions. Modification or improper use of mixing nozzle may impair SET-XP adhesive performance.
Uncured material – Wipe up with cotton cloths. If desired, scrub area with abrasive, waterbased cleaner and flush with water. If approved, solvents such as ketones (MEK, acetone, etc.), lacquer thinner or adhesive remover can be used. DO NOT USE SOLVENTS TO CLEAN ADHESIVE FROM SKIN. Take appropriate precautions when handling flammable solvents. Solvents may damage surfaces to which they are applied. Cured Material – chip or grind off surface.
Anchors installed with SET-XP® adhesive have been tested in accordance with ICC-ES Acceptance Criteria for Post-Installed Adhesive Anchors in Masonry Elements (AC58) and Adhesive Anchors in Concrete Elements (AC308).
|*Material and curing conditions: 73 ± 2˚F, unless otherwise noted.|
|Consistency||ASTM C881||Passed, non-sag|
|Glass transition temperature||ASTM E1356||155°F|
|Bond strength (moist cure)||ASTM C882||3,742 psi at 2 days|
|Water absorption||ASTM D570||0.10%|
|Compressive yield strength||ASTM D695||14,830 psi|
|Compressive modulus||ASTM D695||644,000 psi|
|Shore D Durometer||ASTM D2240||84|
|Gel time||ASTM C881||49 minutes|
|Volatile Organic Compound (VOC)||—||3 g/L|
Anchoring adhesive shall be a two-component high-solids, epoxy-based system supplied in manufacturer's standard cartridge and dispensed through a staticmixing nozzle supplied by the manufacturer. The adhesive anchor shall have been tested and qualified for performance in cracked and uncracked concrete per ICC-ES AC308. Adhesive shall be SET-XP® adhesive from Simpson Strong-Tie, Pleasanton, CA. Anchors shall be installed per Simpson Strong-Tie instructions for SET-XP epoxy adhesive.
- ICC-ES ESR-2508 (Cracked and Uncracked Concrete) – Also en Español
- IAPMO UES ER-265 (Masonry)
- City of Los Angeles RR25744 (Cracked and Uncracked Concrete)
- City of Los Angeles RR25965 (Masonry)
- Florida Statewide Product Approval FL 15730 (Concrete)
- Florida Statewide Product Approval FL 16230 (Masonry)
- NSF/ANSI Standard 61 (216in2/1000 gal)
- Multiple DOT Approvals
|Base Material |
|Base Material |
|For water-saturated concrete, the cure times must be doubled.|
Sistemas de anclaje y sujeción para concreto y mampostería 2016-2017C-A-2016SPEl catálogo C-A-2016SP de 340 páginas proporciona información detallada de anclajes Simpson Strong-Tie para concreto y mampostería, incluidos nuevos productos de anclaje adhesivo y anclaje mecánico.Catalog
2016 - 2017 Product Guide - Anchoring and Fastening SystemsS-A-PG16The 2016 Product Guide for Anchor & Fastening Systems provides information on adhesive and mechanical anchors, as well as direct fastening, carbide and restoration products.Product Guide
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
2016-2017 Guía de productos - Sistemas de anclaje y sujeciónS-A-PG16SPGuía de productos para sistemas de anclaje y sujeción S-A-PG16SP, con 236 páginas de información sobre anclajes mecánicos y adhesivos, y productos de sujeción directa, de carburo y de restauración.Flier
Deck Connection and Fastening GuideF-DECKCODE13This guide provides a range of info that makes it user-friendly for DIY and novice contractors while retaining a level of detail for more experienced builders.Flier
DIY Done Right - Make Your Home Projects EasierS-HOMEPRJCTS14A 32-page color brochure showing examples of DIY project ideas using Simpson Strong-Tie® products, including decks, patio covers, fences, and garage organization.Flier
DIY Done Right - Facilitamos los proyectos para su casaS-HOMPRJCTS14SPFlier
High-Quality Soft-Story Retrofit SolutionsF-L-SFSSR14Learn about the recent San Francisco soft-story retrofit mandate and the variety of Simpson Strong-Tie state-of-the-art structural solutions specifically designed to for soft-story retrofits.Flier
Now With Nozzles!S-A-EMN22I15This flier offers information on the inclusion of the EMNi mixing nozzle and extension with 22 oz. cartridges of SET-XP®, ET-HP®, SET® and EDOT, along with a brief profile of each epoxy.Flier
Seismic Retrofit GuideF-SEISRETRGD12RA guide for homeowners to aid in the inspection and potential retrofit of their homes using Simpson Strong-Tie products to improve the chances of surviving a seismic event.Flier
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
Concrete Anchor Design for the International Building CodeT-A-CADG15This 12-page bulletin is intended to clarify code language and outline the correct path for the design of concrete anchors under the IBC.Technical Bulletin
Volatile Organic Compound (VOC)T-A-VOC14A guide to VOC content for our anchoring adhesives and repair products.Technical Bulletin
Anchoring Solutions for Simpson Strong-Tie® Connectors in Wind and Low-Seismic RegionsT-ANCHORSPEC12A cross-reference to help evaluate the anchorage solution options for Simpson Strong-Tie holdowns, tension ties and post bases. Extensive details included for various foundation types.Technical Bulletin
City of Los Angeles RR Values for Connectors in Shear Walls and Wall Anchorage AssembliesT-C-HDLA15T-C-HDLA15 is a technical bulletin that details holdown requirements imposed by the City of Los Angeles and provides adjusted load values for Simpson Strong-Tie holdowns that meet these requirements.Technical Bulletin
Anchoring Adhesives with the Speed Clean™ DXS Dust Extraction SystemL-A-DXS-BIT-16Use of Simpson Strong-Tie® SET-XP and AT-XP Anchoring Adhesives with the Speed Clean Dust Extraction SystemEngineering Letter
AT-XP and SET-XP for Anchorages to Grout-Filled Concrete Masonry WallsL-A-XPCMUSUB16Substitution of AT-XP for AT adhesive, or SET-XP for SET adhesive, for anchorages to grout-filled concrete masonry walls.Engineering Letter
Anchoring Adhesive Buy American Provision ComplianceL-A-BUYUSAADH16Simpson Strong-Tie® anchoring adhesives compliance with Buy American provisions.Engineering Letter
Safety Data Sheet for SET-XP®SDS-SET_XP-NA-ENGIntended to provide information for use in workplace chemical management; information such as physical properties; hazards; protective measures; precautions for handling, storing, and transportation.SDS
Ficha de Datos de Seguridad para SET-XP®SDS-SET_XP-NA-ESDiseñado para dar información útil en la gestión de químicos en el lugar de trabajo; p.ej. propiedades físicas; riesgos; medidas de protección; precauciones para manejo, almacenamiento y transporte.SDS
Fiche de Données de Sécurité pour SET-XP®SDS-SET_XP-NA-FRCAPrévu pour fournir de l’information sur la gestion des produits chimiques au travail comme propriétés physiques, dangers, mesures de protection et précautions de manipulation, stockage et transport.SDS
Show 19 MoreShow Less