Outdoor Accents® Connector Screw
On This Page
Exterior Wood Screws
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Exterior Wood Screws. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Outdoor Accents® Essentials, Outdoor Accents® Avant Collection™, Outdoor Accents® Mission Collection®
The Outdoor Accents connector screw reduces installation time by driving easily without predrilling. Designed for installation with the Outdoor Accents APA21 90° angle and APLH light joist hangers, the screw’s black finish accents any outdoor living project. The sharp point of the screw enables fast starts.
- Use with Outdoor Accents decorative hardware (sold separately) for an appealing look
- 1/4" hex head engages with driver bit for easier installation (1/4" hex drive bit included)
- Optimized heat treating for ductility and strength
- The single-fastener steel-side-plate allowable load of the SD10 exceeds the shear load of a 0.162" x 3 1/2" nail
- Black double-barrier coating provides premium look while providing a medium level of corrosion protection for many outdoor applications
- Carbon steel
- Double-barrier black proprietary coating
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes
- Explore the full Outdoor Accents product line
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Coating/Material||Screw Size||Length (in.)||Drive Type||Head Type||Thread Length (in.)||Point Type||Color||Packaging Qty.||Carton Qty.|
|SD10112DBBR50||Double-Barrier Coating||#10||1 1/2||1/4 in. Hex||Hex Head||1||Sharp Point||Black||50||5|
Product Information Tables
|Size||Length (in.)||Retail Pack Quantity||Master Carton Quantity||Model No.|
Outdoor Accents Connector Screw
- Allowable loads are shown at a wood load duration factor of CD = 1.0. Loads may be increased for load duration per the building code up to a CD = 1.6. Tabulated values must be multiplied by all applicable NDS adjustment factors.
- Withdrawal loads and steel-side-plate shear loads are based on testing per ICC-ES AC233.
- Withdrawal loads are based on penetration of the screw's entire thread length into the main member.
- See the Strong-Drive® SD CONNECTOR screw for wood-to-wood shear values and wood side-plate details.
- Fasteners sold separately.
Code Reports & Compliance