IUS I-Joist Hybrid Hanger with Snap-In Feature
On This Page
The IUS is a hybrid hanger that incorporates the advantages of the face-mount and top-mount hanger. The Strong-Grip™ seat feature allows the I-joist to snap securely into place without the need for joist nails, resulting in a low installed cost. The IUS hanger also features easy-to-reach face nails and self-jigging locator tabs for easier installation.
- Locator tabs may be bent back to adjust for hanger placement or to leave a completely smooth top surface
- Models will normally accommodate a skew of up to 5°
- IUS-series hangers are tested, load rated and code compliant
- 18 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners. Verify that the header can take the required fasteners specified in the table. See General Connector Installation for more information.
- Fasten hanger to header. Position I-joist into hanger and snap into place. No joist nailing required. Some IUS models have triangle and round header nail holes. To achieve max. download, fill both round and triangle holes.
- Locator tabs are not structural. They may be bent back to adjust for hanger placement.
- For rimboard applications see technical bulletin Hangers on Rimboard Headers (T-C-RIMBDHGR).
- I-joists with web stiffeners or rectangular sections can be used with the installation of (2) 0.148" x 1 1/2" nails into the optional triangle joist nails. This will achieve 365 lbs. total uplift.
- Web stiffeners are not required with I-joists unless required by the I-joist manufacturer.
IUS hangers cannot be modified. However, these models will normally accommodate a skew of up to 5°. For sloped joists up to 1/4:12 there is no reduction; between 1/4:12 and up to 1/2:12, tests show a 10% reduction in ultimate hanger strength. Local crushing of the bottom flange or excessive deflection may be limiting; check with joist manufacturer for specific limitations on bearing of this type.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Joist Size||Ga.||W (in.)||H (in.)||B (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|IUS1.81/11.88||1-3/4 in. x 11-7/8 in.||18||1 7/8||11 7/8||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS1.81/14||1-3/4 in. x 14 in.||18||1 7/8||14||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS1.81/16||1-3/4 in. x 16 in.||18||1 7/8||16||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS1.81/9.5||1-3/4 in. x 9-1/2 in.||18||1 7/8||9 1/2||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS2.06/11.88||2 in. x 11-7/8 in.||18||2 1/8||11 7/8||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS2.06/14||2 in. x 14 in.||18||2 1/8||14||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS2.06/16||2 in. x 16 in.||18||2 1/8||16||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS2.06/9.5||2 in. x 9-1/2 in.||18||2 1/8||9 1/2||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS2.37/11.88||2-5/16 in. x 11-7/8 in.||18||2 7/16||11 7/8||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS2.37/14||2-5/16 in. x 14 in.||18||2 7/16||14||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS2.37/16||2-5/16 in. x 16 in.||18||2 7/16||16||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS2.37/9.5||2-5/16 in. x 9-1/2 in.||18||2 7/16||9 1/2||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS2.56/11.88||2-1/2 in. to 2-9/16 in. x 11-7/8 in.||18||2 5/8||11 7/8||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS2.56/14||2-1/2 in. to 2-9/16 in. x 14 in.||18||2 5/8||14||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS2.56/16||2-1/2 in. to 2-9/16 in. x 16 in.||18||2 5/8||16||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS2.56/9.5||2-1/2 in. to 2-9/16 in. x 9-1/2 in.||18||2 5/8||9 1/2||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS3.56/11.88||3-1/2 in. x 11-7/8 in.||18||3 5/8||11 7/8||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS3.56/14||3-1/2 in. x 14 in.||18||3 5/8||14||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS3.56/16||3-1/2 in. x 16 in.||18||3 5/8||16||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|IUS3.56/9.5||3-1/2 in. x 9-1/2 in.||18||3 5/8||9 1/2||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
Code Reports & Compliance