THAI Adjustable Hanger
On This Page
Face-Mount Hangers for Engineered Wood
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Face-Mount Hangers for Engineered Wood. You can also view product information related to the category: Top-Flange Hangers for Engineered Wood
Designed for I-joists, the THAI has extra-long straps and can be field-formed to give height adjustability and top-flange hanger convenience. Positive-angle nailing helps eliminate splitting of the I-joist's bottom flange.
- THAI-2 — 14 gauge; all others — 18 gauge
- Factory-order the THAI-2 for hanger width needed. See table for allowable widths.
- Use all specified fasteners. Verify that the header can take the fasteners specified in the table.
- Web stiffeners are required for all I-joists used with these hangers.
- When a total of 20 face nails are used in THAI straps, or 30 face nails are used in THAI-2 straps, the maximum load-carrying capacity is achieved.
- Reduce load given by allowable nail shear capacity for each nail less than maximum.
- A minimum nailing configuration is shown for top nailing installations. The strap must be field-formed over the top of the header by a minimum of 2 1/2".
- Uplift — lowest face nails must be filled to achieve uplift loads.
Product Information Tables
- The W dimension should be ordered at 1/16" to 1/8" greater than the joist width.
Allowable Loads for Various Headers
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Uplift loads are based on DF/SP lumber. For SPF/HF, use 0.86 x DF/SP uplift load.
- The minimum header depth to achieve the maximum nail configuration is 16".
- For the THAI3522 supporting a 2 1/4" joist, the download shall be the lesser of the table load or 1,400 lb.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
- See other nail sizes and information.
THAI Allowable Loads for Top-Flange Min. Nailing Installation on Nailers
- Loads for 2x nailers are applicable to single 4x2 top chord carrying members provided the hanger is located at a top chord panel point and there is no splice at that panel point location.
- Attachment of nailer to supporting member is the responsibility of the designer.
Code Reports & Compliance