HHSUQ Heavy Severe Skew Truss Hanger
On This Page
The HHSUQ is a high-load, face-mount, truss-to-truss hanger designed to accommodate severe skews (45°–84°) for hip trusses, enabling a greater range of installation applications. Fastening the HHSUQ with Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws makes installation fast and easy, while eliminating the inconvenience of bolted applications.
- Back plate — 3 gauge; stirrup — 7 gauge
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- The joist/truss end may be square cut or bevel cut. 3 7/8" minimum heel height.
- Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws supplied for all round holes.
- All multiple members must be fastened together to act as a single unit.
- Left or right skew must be specified
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws that penetrate all plies of the supporting girder (screws must penetrate a minimum of 1" into the last truss ply) may also be used to transfer the load through all the plies of the supporting girder. When SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws do not penetrate all plies of the supporting girder truss, supplemental SDS screws at the hanger locations may be required to transfer the load to the truss plies not penetrated by the face fasteners, as determined by the designer. 3"-long SDS screws in the face may be replaced with 4 1/2"- or 6"-long SDS screws with no load reduction.
- Loads shown are based on a minimum two-ply 2x8 carrying member. For single 2x carrying members, replace 3"-long Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws with 1 1/2"-long SDS screws and reduce the allowable download to 2,630 lb. for DF/SP and 1,895 lb. for SPF/HF. The tabulated allowable uplift load is not reduced.
- Girders must have adequate lateral bracing to prevent excessive displacement due to secondary torsional stresses. (Refer to ANSI/TPI 1-2014, Section 184.108.40.206.)
- Truss chord cross-grain tension may limit allowable loads. Designer to refer to ANSI/TPI, Section 220.127.116.11 for connection details, limitations, and reductions.
- Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws may be installed through metal truss plates as approved by the truss designer, provided the requirements of ANSI/TPI 1-2014, Sections 18.104.22.168 and 8.9.2 are met (predrilling required through the plate using a 5/32" bit maximum).
- For installations into LSL or PSL, use DF/SP table loads.
Code Reports & Compliance