LTHMA™ Light-Duty Multiple-Truss Hanger
A light-capacity hanger designed to carry two or three single-ply trusses in a terminal hip installation. Hip trusses are at 45°.
- 16 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- The total load must be symmetrically distributed about the centerline to avoid eccentric loading of the connector
- Fill round holes for girder trusses with 2x4 bottom chords
- Fill round and triangle holes for girder trusses with 2x6 bottom chords
See footnotes below.
- Allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Hip loads are for each hip.
- Load distribution is 45% for each hip and 10% for jack. Other hip-jack load distributions are allowed if the load sum for all three carried members does not exceed the total load and the hip members are equally loaded.
- Truss chord cross-grain tension may limit allowable loads in accordance with ANSI/TPI 1-2014. Simpson Strong-Tie® Hanger Selector web application includes the evaluation of cross-grain tension in its hanger allowable loads. For additional information, contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance