On This Page
The MUS is designed for medium-load truss applications and features double-shear nailing that distributes the load through two points on each joist nail for greater strength. This allows for fewer nails, faster installation and the use of all common nails for the same connection. The MUS is a low-cost option offering quick and easy installation while providing high load and bearing strength.
- Cannot be modified
- MUS-series hangers are tested, load rated and code compliant
- 18 ga.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Joist nails must be driven at an angle through the joist or truss into the header to achieve the table loads
- Not designed for welded or nailer applications
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Joist Size||Ga.||W (in.)||H (in.)||B (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|MUS26||2x6||18||1 9/16||5 3/16||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MUS28||2x8||18||1 9/16||6 13/16||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|Model No.||Min. Heel Height||Fasteners||DF Allowable Loads||SP Allowable Loads||SPF/HF Allowable Loads|
|Carrying Member||Carried Member||Uplift (160)||Floor (100)||Snow (115)||Roof (125)||Wind (160)||Uplift (160)||Floor (100)||Snow (115)||Roof (125)||Wind (160)||Uplift (160)||Floor (100)||Snow (115)||Roof (125)||Wind (160)|
|Single 2x Sizes|
|MUS26||4 11/16||(6) 0.148 x 3||(6) 0.148 x 3||930||1,295||1,480||1,560||1,560||930||1,405||1,560||1,560||1,560||810||955||1,090||1,180||1,350|
|MUS28||6 5/16||(8) 0.148 x 3||(8) 0.148 x 3||1,320||1,730||1,975||2,125||2,255||1,320||1,875||2,135||2,255||2,255||1,150||1,270||1,455||1,575||1,955|
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Wind (160) is a download rating.
- Minimum heel height shown is required to achieve full table loads. For less than minimum heel height, see technical bulletin T-C-REDHEEL.
- Truss chord cross-grain tension may limit allowable loads in accordance with ANSI/TPI 1-2014. Simpson Strong-Tie® Connector Selector™ software includes the evaluation of cross-grain tension in its hanger allowable loads. For additional information, contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
- Loads shown are based on a two-ply 2x carrying member minimum for nailed hangers. With 3x carrying members: when 0.162" x 3 1/2" nails are specified, use 0.162" x 2 1/2" nails into the header and 0.162" x 3 1/2" nails into the joist with no load reduction. When 0.148" x 3" nails are specified, use 0.148" x 2 1/2" nails into the header and 0.148" x 3" nails into the joist with no load reduction. With 2x carrying members: when 0.162" x 3 1/2" nails are specified, use 0.148" x 1 1/2" nails into the header and 0.148" x 3" nails into the joist and reduce the load to 0.64 of the table values. When 0.148" x 3"nails are specified, use 0.148" x 1 1/2" nails into the header and 0.148" x 3" nails into the joist and reduce the load to 0.77 of the table values.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance