THASR/THASL Adjustable/Skewable Truss Hangers
The THASR/L hangers combine the height adjustability of THA hangers with field skewability, offering maximum flexibility for the installer, and eliminating the need for special orders. Shipped at 22 1/2° right or left, the THASR/L hangers can be field skewed from 22 1/2° to 75° (up to 85° for the THASR/L29 and THASR/L29-2).
The THASR/L29, 29-2 and 422 are replacing the former 218, 218-2 and 418 versions.
- The THASR/L single- and two-ply versions have straps 9" tall. The 4x version has 22" straps to fit more parallel-chord truss applications.
- The new versions have only one acute side bend line to ease design and installation.
- Joist fasteners are only required from one side for skews greater than 22 1/2°.
- Rated for installation with either nails or Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Product is factory skewed to 22 1/2° and may be field skewed from 22 1/2° to 75° (up to 85° for the THASR/L29 and THASR/L29-2). See Installation Sequence in the image gallery for skews greater than 22 1/2°.
- For 22 1/2° skew installations, fill all triangle holes. Triangle holes do not need to be filled for skews greater than 22 1/2°.
- For all installations, fill the fastener hole(s) in the bottom of the hanger seat (THASR/L29 has one and all other models have two).
- For top-flange installations, the straps must be field-formed over the header a minimum of 2".
- THASR/L29 and THASR/L29-2 — For installations where either strap cannot be field-formed over the header, install the strap(s) vertical and fill all holes. Loads must be reduced as noted in the table footnotes.
- THASR/L422 — For face-mount installations, install the carrying member fasteners into the lowest holes.
These products are available with additional corrosion protection. Additional products on this page may also be available with this option, check with Simpson Strong-Tie for details.
These models are approved for installation with the Strong-Drive® SD Connector screw. See the load values below.
Allowable Loads for Installation with Nails
Allowable Loads for Installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws
- Uplift loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed; reduce where other loads govern.
- Wind (160) is a download rating.
- Minimum carried member heel height shall be 4 1/2".
- Heff is the distance from the top of the hanger seat to the top of the carrying member.
- For tabulated top flange installation loads, the straps must be wrapped over the header a minimum of 2". Allowable downloads for the THASR/L29 and THASR/L29-2 with one or both straps installed vertically (with all holes filled) are 90% of the tabulated downloads for skews greater than 22 1/2° and 85% of the tabulated downloads for 22 1/2° skews. Allowable uplift capacities are 100% of the tabulated uplift load capacities.
- Allowable downloads for 75°-85° skews with one or both straps installed vertically (with all holes filled) shall be limited to 75% of these loads.
- NAILS: 10d = 0.148" dia. x 3" long, 10dx1 1/2 = 0.148" dia. x 1 1/2" long. See other nail sizes and information.
- SCREWS: SD #9x1 1/2" (model SD9112) = 0.131" dia. x 1 1/2" long, SD #9x2 1/2" (model SD9212) = 0.131" dia. x 2 1/2" long.
|Part ||IAPMO UES ER ||ICC-ES ESR ||City of Los Angeles ||State of Florida|
THASL||See specific model numbers for code listings.
|THASL29 ||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|THASL29-2 ||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|THASL422 ||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
THASR||See specific model numbers for code listings.
|THASR29 ||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|THASR29-2 ||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|THASR422 ||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|