THASR/THASL Adjustable/Skewable Truss Hangers
On This Page
The THASR/L is designed to support trusses and beams. This versatile U-shaped hanger combines the height adjustability of the THA with field adjustability. These key features provide maximum flexibility for the installer. Shipped at 22 1/2° right or left, the THASR/L hangers can be field-skewed from 22 1/2° to 75°.
- Eliminates the need for special orders
- The THASR/L29, 29-2 and 422 are replacing the former 218, 218-2 and 418 versions
- The THASR/L single- and two-ply versions have straps 9" tall; the 4x version has 22" straps to fit more parallel-chord truss applications
- The versions have only one acute side bend line to ease design and installation
- Joist fasteners are only required from one side for skews greater than 22 1/2°
- Rated for installation with either nails or Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws
- 16 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes and the table below.
- Product is factory-skewed to 22 1/2° and may be field-skewed from 22 1/2° to 75° (up to 85° for the THASR/L29 and THASR/L29-2). See Installation Sequence in the image gallery for skews greater than 22 1/2°.
- For top-flange installations, the straps must be field-formed over the header a minimum of 2".
- THASR/L29 and THASR/L29-2 — for installations where either strap cannot be field-formed over the header, install the strap(s) vertically and fill all holes. Loads must be reduced as noted in the table footnotes.
- THASR/L422 — for face-mount installations, install the carrying member fasteners into the lowest holes.
These products are available with additional corrosion protection. Additional products on this page may also be available with this option, check with Simpson Strong-Tie for details.
Many of these products are approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
Allowable Loads for Installation with Nails
Allowable Loads for Installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Wind (160) is a download rating.
- Minimum carried member heel height shall be 4 1/2".
- Heff is the distance from the top of the hanger seat to the top of the carrying member.
- For tabulated top-flange installation loads, the straps must be wrapped over the header a minimum of 2". Allowable downloads for the THASR/L29 and THASR/L29-2 with one or both straps installed vertically (all holes filled) are 90% of the tabulated downloads for skews greater than 22 1/2° and 85% of the tabulated downloads for 22 1/2° skews. Allowable uplift capacities are 100% of the tabulated uplift load capacities.
- Allowable downloads for 75°–85° skews with one or both straps installed vertically (with all holes filled) shall be limited to 75% of these loads.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. SD screws are Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive SD Connector screws. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance