THASR/THASL Adjustable/Skewable Truss Hangers
The THASR/L hangers combine the height adjustability of THA hangers with field skewability, offering maximum flexibility for the installer, and eliminating the need for special orders. Shipped at 22 1/2° right or left, the THASR/L hangers can be field skewed from 22 1/2° to 75° (up to 85° for the THASR/L29 and THASR/L29-2).
The THASR/L29, 29-2 and 422 are replacing the former 218, 218-2 and 418 versions.
- The THASR/L single- and two-ply versions have straps 9" tall. The 4x version has 22" straps to fit more parallel-chord truss applications.
- The new versions have only one acute side bend line to ease design and installation.
- Joist fasteners are only required from one side for skews greater than 22 1/2°.
- Rated for installation with either nails or Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
- 16 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Product is factory skewed to 22 1/2° and may be field skewed from 22 1/2° to 75° (up to 85° for the THASR/L29 and THASR/L29-2). See Installation Sequence in the image gallery for skews greater than 22 1/2°.
- For 22 1/2° skew installations, fill all triangle holes. Triangle holes do not need to be filled for skews greater than 22 1/2°.
- For all installations, fill the fastener hole(s) in the bottom of the hanger seat (THASR/L29 has one and all other models have two).
- For top-flange installations, the straps must be field-formed over the header a minimum of 2".
- THASR/L29 and THASR/L29-2 — For installations where either strap cannot be field-formed over the header, install the strap(s) vertical and fill all holes. Loads must be reduced as noted in the table footnotes.
- THASR/L422 — For face-mount installations, install the carrying member fasteners into the lowest holes.
These models are approved for installation with the Strong-Drive® SD Connector screw. See the load values below.
Allowable Loads for Installation with Nails
Allowable Loads for Installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws
- Uplift loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed; reduce where other loads govern.
- Wind (160) is a download rating.
- Minimum carried member heel height shall be 4 1/2".
- Heff is the distance from the top of the hanger seat to the top of the carrying member.
- For tabulated top flange installation loads, the straps must be wrapped over the header a minimum of 2". Allowable downloads for the THASR/L29 and THASR/L29-2 with one or both straps installed vertically (with all holes filled) are 90% of the tabulated downloads for skews greater than 22 1/2° and 85% of the tabulated downloads for 22 1/2° skews. Allowable uplift capacities are 100% of the tabulated uplift load capacities.
- Allowable downloads for 75°-85° skews with one or both straps installed vertically (with all holes filled) shall be limited to 75% of these loads.
- NAILS: 10d = 0.148" dia. x 3" long, 10dx1 1/2 = 0.148" dia. x 1 1/2" long. See other nail sizes and information.
- SCREWS: SD #9x1 1/2" (model SD9112) = 0.131" dia. x 1 1/2" long, SD #9x2 1/2" (model SD9212) = 0.131" dia. x 2 1/2" long.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|THASL||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|THASL29||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|THASL29-2||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|THASL422||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|THASR||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|THASR29||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|THASR29-2||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|THASR422||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|