The THASR/L is designed to support trusses and beams. This versatile U-shaped hanger combines the height adjustability of the THA with field adjustability. These key features provide maximum flexibility for the installer. Shipped at 22 1/2° right or left, the THASR/L hangers can be field-skewed from 22 1/2° to 75°.
- Eliminates the need for special orders
- The THASR/L29, 29-2 and 422 are replacing the former 218, 218-2 and 418 versions
- The THASR/L single- and two-ply versions have straps 9" tall; the 4x version has 22" straps to fit more parallel-chord truss applications
- The versions have only one acute side bend line to ease design and installation
- Joist fasteners are only required from one side for skews greater than 22 1/2°
- Rated for installation with either nails or Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes and the table below.
- Product is factory-skewed to 22 1/2° and may be field-skewed from 22 1/2° to 75° (up to 85° for the THASR/L29 and THASR/L29-2). See Installation Sequence in the image gallery for skews greater than 22 1/2°.
- For top-flange installations, the straps must be field-formed over the header a minimum of 2".
- THASR/L29 and THASR/L29-2 — for installations where either strap cannot be field-formed over the header, install the strap(s) vertically and fill all holes. Loads must be reduced as noted in the table footnotes.
- THASR/L422 — for face-mount installations, install the carrying member fasteners into the lowest holes.