THJA26 Multiple-Truss Hip/Jack Hanger
On This Page
The versatile THJA26 can accommodate right- or left-hand hips (at 45° skews), and can be installed before or after the hip and jack. Can also be used for double (terminal) hips.
- 14 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- All members must be fastened together to act as a single unit.
- Shall be attached to a double-girder truss to allow for required minimum nail penetration. See load table notes for girder truss requirements.
- These hangers cannot be modified
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Wind (160) is a download rating.
- Loads shown are based on a minimum (2) 2x6 carrying member. For single 2x carrying members (min. 2x6), use 0.148" x 1 1/2" nails and use 0.67 of the table value. For (2) 2x4 carrying members, multiply the download by 0.50.
- Tabulated hip and jack allowable loads assume that 75% of the total load is distributed to the hip and 25% to the jack. It is permitted to distribute 65% to 85% of the tabulated total load to the hip, and the remaining percentage of total load to the jack. The combined hip and jack load may not exceed the published Total Load.
- Truss chord cross-grain tension may limit allowable loads in accordance with ANSI/TPI 1-2014. Simpson Strong-Tie® Connector Selector™ software includes the evaluation of cross-grain tension in its hanger allowable loads. For additional information, contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance