THJU Truss Hip/Jack Hanger
The THJU hip/jack hanger offers the most flexibility and ease of installation without sacrificing performance. The U-shaped hanger works for right and left hand hips and can be ordered to fit a range of hip skews (up to 67 1/2 degrees) as well as various single and 2-ply hip/jack combinations. Also can be installed before or after the hip and jack.
THJU26 is sized for the standard hip/jack combination with a 45-degree left or right-hand hip. The wide seat of THJU26-W accommodates a 2-ply hip and 2-ply jack combination with a 45 degree maximum hip skew, or a standard single-ply hip/jack configuration with a maximum 67 1/2-degree hip skew. Intermediate seat widths are available for other hip/jack or hip/hip combinations.
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- View step-by-step installation instructions in the Installer's Pocket Guide (S-C-INSTALL).
- THJU is available in intermediate seat widths between 5 1/8" (THJU26 width) and 8 1/8" (THJU26-W width) with no load reduction.
- For double hip installation, divide the total allowable load by 2 to determine the allowable load for each hip. Order as THJU26X and specify width; see Hanger Options for reference.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
- Tabulated loads are the total allowable loads of the hip and jack members combined; 65%-85% of the total load shall be distributed to the hip member, and the remaining percentage of total load shall be distributed to the jack. The combined hip and jack load may not exceed the published total load.
- Uplift loads have been increased 60% for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed.
- For full load, the jack requires either a min. 2x6 bottom chord or a min. 2x4 end vertical; the hip requires either a min. 2x6 bottom chord or a min. 2x6 end vertical for hip skews up to 60°. For hip skews greater than 60° (THJU26-W only), a min. 2x6 bottom chord or min. 2x8 end vertical is required.
- With single 2x carrying members use 10dx1 1/2" nails and use 100% of the table value.
- For single 2x jacks, 10dx1 1/2" nails may be substituted for the specified 10d commons with no reduction in load.
- Truss chord cross-grain tension may limit allowable loads.
- NAILS: 10d = 0.148" dia. x 3" long. See other nail sizes and information.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|THJU||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
ESR-2523 is an Index of many of Simpson Strong-Tie Stamped and Welded Cold-formed Steel Products for Wood or Cold-formed Steel Construction