LGU/MGU/HGU/HHGU High-Capacity Girder Hangers
Face-Mount Hangers for Glulam Beams
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Face-Mount Hangers for Glulam Beams. You can also view product information related to the category: Face-Mount Hangers for Structural Composite Lumber
The GU hangers are high-capacity girder hangers designed for situations where the header and joist are flush at the top. These products can be used for retrofit on the framing members after they are temporarily placed in position. Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws (included) make installation fast and easy, with no predrilling required.
- See table
- Galvanized; HHGU — Simpson Strong-Tie® gray paint. Available in hot-dip galvanized; order as “X” version and specify HDG.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Install with 1/4" x 2 1/2" Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, which are provided with the GUs. (Note: lag screws will not achieve the same loads.)
- Alternatively, the Strong-Drive SDS 1/4" x 2 1/2" face screws supplied with these hangers may be replaced with SDS 1/4" x 3 1/2" or SDS 1/4" x 5" screws for 2-ply or 3-ply LVL headers to transfer the hanger load to all plies. This alternate fastener option does not eliminate the need for uniform fastener requirements along the length of the multi-ply header.
- All multiple members must be fastened together to act as a single unit. Multiple member headers may require additional fasteners at the hanger locations. The quantity and location of the additional fasteners must be determined by the Designer.
- For installation to concrete or masonry walls, see LGUM and HGUM hangers.
- See Hanger Options General Notes.
- Hot-dip galvanized available. Order as “X” version; specify HDG.
- Other seat widths available. Order as “X” version; specify width.
- LGU, MGU, HGU and HHGU are available with one flange concealed. Specify flange to conceal.
- LGU with W 3 1/4” or less, MGU with W 4” or less and HGU with W 4 11/16” or less, flanges cannot be concealed.
- Allowable loads for one flange-concealed option:
|LGU||1.00 of published load|
|MGU||0.88 of published load|
|HGU||0.75 of published load|
|HHGU||0.75 of published load|
- LGU, MGU, HGU, LGUM and HGUM hangers are available skewed up to 45°.
- Concealed flanges are not available with skewed models.
- Apply the following reduction factors to published loads:
|MGU/HGU less than 6" wide||Square Cut||0.75||0.65|
|MGU/HGU 6" and wider||Bevel Cut||0.80||0.55|
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes
- Hanger Options
- Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector Screw
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
LGU/MGU/HGU/HHGU to Multi-Ply HeadersL-C-HGRSDSLVL17Simpson Strong-Tie® LGU/MGU/HGU/HHGU Hangers with 2- and 3-Ply LVL Headers.Engineering Letter
Show 1 MoreShow Less
- Uplift loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed.
- Specify H dimension. Maximum H = 30".
- Header height must be at least as tall as the flange height (ha).
- Where noted in table, allowable loads may be increased for duration of load up to 20,455 lb. for DF/SP and 14,725 lb. for SPF/HF.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|HGU||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|HGU3.63||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|HGU5.25||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|HGU5.25-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|HGU5.50||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|HGU5.50-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|HGU5.62||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|HGU7.00||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|HGU7.00-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|HGU9.00||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|HGU9.00-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|HHGU||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|HHGU11.00-SDS||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|HHGU5.50||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|HHGU5.50-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|HHGU5.62||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|HHGU7.00||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|HHGU7.00-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|HHGU9.00||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|HHGU9.00-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|LGU||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|LGU3.25||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|LGU3.25-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|LGU3.63||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|LGU3.63-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|LGU5.25||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|LGU5.25-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|MGU||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|MGU3.63||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|MGU3.63-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|MGU5.25||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|MGU5.25-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|MGU5.50||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|MGU5.50-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|MGU5.62||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|MGU7.00||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|MGU7.00-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
ESR-2523 is an Index of many of Simpson Strong-Tie Stamped and Welded Cold-formed Steel Products for Wood or Cold-formed Steel Construction