HUS/HHUS/HGUS Double Shear Hangers
See Face-Mount Hanger tables. See Hanger Options for hanger modifications, which may result in reduced loads.
These hangers are designed for applications where higher loads are needed (also see HUC and HUCQ).
All hangers in this series have double shear nailing. This patented innovation distributes the load through two points on each joist nail for greater strength. It also allows the use of fewer nails, faster installation, and the use of common nails for all connections. (Do not bend or remove tabs.)
See Face-Mount Hanger tables
Galvanized. Some products available in stainless steel or ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- Do not use double-shear hangers with I-joists.
- Nails must be driven at an angle through the joist or truss into the header to achieve the table loads.
- Not designed for welded or nailer applications.
- 16d sinkers (0.148" dia. x 3 1/4" long) may be used where 10d commons are specified with no reduction in load. Where 16d commons are specified, 10d commons or 16d sinkers (0.148" dia. x 3 1/4" long) may be used at 0.85 of the table load.
- With 3x carrying members, use 16dx2 1/2" (Simpson Strong-Tie® N16) nails into the header and 16d commons into the joist with no load reduction. With 2x carrying members, use 10dx1 1/2" nails into the header and 10d commons into the joist, and reduce the load to 0.64 of the table value.
- HUS hangers available with the header flanges turned in for 3 1/2" wide joist only, with no load reduction. See HUSC concealed-flange illustration.
- Concealed flanges are not available for HGUS, HUS1.81/10 and HHUS.
- See Hanger Options for sloped and/or skewed HHUS and HGUS models.
- Other sizes available; contact Simpson Strong-Tie for details.
- Joining multiple plies.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
General Hanger Installer's GuideF-C-CANTRUHGR16A two-page General Hanger Installer’s Guide for Canadian Limit States providing instructions for the most common hangers.Flier
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
Allowable Loads for Joist Hangers with GapsT-C-HANGERGAP16A six-page technical bulletin explaining how allowable loads for joist and truss hangers are affected for gaps between the end of the carried member and carrying member.Technical Bulletin
Allowable Loads for Reduced Heel HeightsT-C-REDHEEL15T-C-REDHEEL15 lists the allowable loads for reduced heel heights. This updated version features new loads, new edge distance requirements and new fastening requirements.Technical Bulletin
Hangers on Rim Boards HeadersT-C-RIMBDHGR16A one-page technical bulletin discussing condition when face-mount and top-flange hangers can be used with an engineered “rim board” wood product.Technical Bulletin
Panelized Roof SystemsT-C-PRS15Learn about the guidelines for designing and installing our connectors to meet the requirements of the 2009 IBC for structures using panelized wood roof systems with concrete or masonry walls.Technical Bulletin
LUL/LUS/HUS/HHUS/HGUS - 10d x 1-1/2" (N10) OPTION - Standard and Double Shear Face Mount Joist HangersT-C-N10TRSSCN16T-C-N10TRSSCN16 is an updated version of T-N10TRUSSCAN with new, revised load tables of standard and double shear face-mount joist hangers commonly used in Canadian truss construction.Technical Bulletin
Use of Power-Driven Nails with Simpson Strong-Tie® ConnectorsT-PNEUMATIC12This technical bulletin discusses the use of pneumatically driven nails with Simpson Strong-Tie® connectors. Includes a list of connectors that may be installed with pneumatic nails.Technical Bulletin
HUS26 Raised on Bottom ChordL-C-HUSRAISED16HUS26 joist hanger raised 1-1/2" on a 2x6 bottom chord with 16dx2-1/2" nails.Engineering Letter
Installation Guide for Plated-Truss Connectors (English and Spanish)WC-C-PTBI14WC-C-PTBI14 is an eight-page English/Spanish installation guide for plated-truss connectors.
Show 10 MoreShow Less
See Hanger Options for sloped and/or skewed hangers.