LGU/MGU/HGU/HHGU High-Capacity Girder Hangers for Engineered Wood & Structural Composite Lumber
The GU hangers are a high-capacity girder hangers designed for situations where the header and joist are flush at top. This part can be used for retrofit on the framing members after they are temporarily placed in position. It uses Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® screws (SDS) to make installation fast and easy, with no pre-drilling required.
Galvanized. HHGU—Simpson Strong-Tie® gray paint.
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- Install with Simpson Strong-Tie SDS 1/4"x2 1/2" screws, which are provided with the GU's. (Note: lag screws will not achieve the same loads.)
- All multiple members must be fastened together to act as a single unit.
- Multiple member headers may require additional fasteners at the hanger locations. The quantity and location of the additional fasteners must be determined by the Designer.
- Hot-dip galvanized available. Order as "X" version, specify HDG.
- Other seat widths available. Order as "X" version, specify width.
- See Hanger Options for one flange concealed option. MGU with W 4" or less and HGU with W 4 11/16" or less cannot be concealed.
- LGU, MGU and HGU hangers may be skewed up to 45°.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
LGU/MGU/HGU/HHGU to Multi-Ply HeadersL-C-HGRSDSLVL15Simpson Strong-Tie® LGU/MGU/HGU/HHGU Hangers with 2- and 3-Ply LVL Headers.Engineering Letter
- Uplift loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed.
- Specify H dimension. Maximum H = 30".
- Header height must be at least as tall as flange height (ha).
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|HGU||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|HGU5.50||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|HGU5.50-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|HGU7.25||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|HGU7.25-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|HHGU||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|HHGU5.50||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|HHGU5.50-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|HHGU7.25||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|HHGU7.25-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|LGU||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|LGU3.63||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|LGU3.63-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|LGU5.50||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|LGU5.50-SDS||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|MGU||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|MGU3.63||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|MGU3.63-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
|MGU5.50||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|MGU5.50-SDS||ESR-2552 ESR-2523||RR25801||FL10531 FL11468|
ESR-2523 is an Index of many of Simpson Strong-Tie Stamped and Welded Cold-formed Steel Products for Wood or Cold-formed Steel Construction