HH Header Hanger
On This Page
For fast, accurate installation of door and window headers and other cross members. HH header hangers can speed up the job, strengthen the frame and eliminate the need for trimmers.
- 16 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Attachment to 2x studs will result in two round holes not being filled in the studs and load reductions as noted in table
- Loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading, with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- For 3x posts, 0.162" x 2 1/2" nails may be substituted with no reduction in load.
- For SPF/HF lumber, use 0.86 x DF/SP allowable loads.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance