HUC Heavy Concealed-Flange Face-Mount Joist Hanger
Face-Mount Hangers for Solid Sawn Lumber
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Face-Mount Hangers for Solid Sawn Lumber. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Face-Mount Hangers for Engineered Wood, Face-Mount Masonry Hangers, Joist Framing Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The HUC is designed for structures requiring additional strength and safety factors. These face-mount joist hangers have concealed header flanges providing cleaner visible lines in exposed conditions. Some models of this heavy-duty hanger can be special ordered with a skewable seat and a seat that slopes as far as up to 45°.
- Extra optional triangle holes for additional load
- HUC-series hangers are tested, load rated and code compliant
- 14 ga. (68 mil)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Can be installed filling round holes only, or filling round and triangle holes for maximum values.
- Joists sloped up to 1/4:12 achieve table loads.
- For installations to masonry or concrete, see HUC in Masonry Hangers.
- Can be welded to a steel member. Allowable loads are the lesser of the values in the hanger tables or the weld capacity — refer to technical bulletin HU/HUC Welded onto Steel Members (T-C-HUHUC-W).
- When nailing into solid sawn carrying member's end grain, the allowable load is adjusted by a factor of 0.67.
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
Product Information Tables
Maximum Skew Angle for Skewed HUC Hangers
HU/HUC Series Modifications and Associated Load Reduction Factors
- Modified seat is sloped, skewed, or both. For stainless-steel hangers, if sloped only or skewed only, use a smooth-shank stainless-steel reduction of 0.65.
- For hanger applications with both flanges concealed, W must be at least 2 5/16". To order, ask for HUCXXX. For skewed HUC, only flange on acute side is concealed.
- Skews over 50° require a square-cut joist.
Reduction Factor Instructions
Allowable Download =
Seat x Flange x Stainless Steel Nails x Other Fastener Substitutions x Table Load
Allowable Uplift =
0.75 x Face Fastener Type x Table Load for skewed or sloped
1.00 x Face Fastener Type x Table Load for non-skewed or non-sloped
Code Reports & Compliance