HUCQ Heavy Concealed Flange Face-Mount Joist Hanger with SDS Screws
On This Page
Face-Mount Hangers for Solid Sawn Lumber
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Face-Mount Hangers for Solid Sawn Lumber. You can also view product information related to the category: Face-Mount Hangers for Engineered Wood
The HUCQ is designed for structures requiring additional strength and safety factors. These face-mount joist hangers have concealed header flanges and can be installed close to the end of the supporting beam. These heavy-duty hangers install with Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws for high capacity with no predrilling for ease of installation.
- Concealed flanges provide cleaner lines for exposed conditions
- HUCQ-series hangers are tested, load rated and code compliant
- Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws are included
- Fire-resistant F (flame) and T (temperature) rated in Intertek Design No. SST/WPCF 120-01.
- 14 gauge
- Galvanized. Most models available in stainless steel or ZMAX® coating.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Install 1/4" x 2 1/2" Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, which are provided, in all round holes. (Lag screws will not achieve the same load.)
- HUCQ hangers can be welded to a steel member. Allowable loads are the lesser of the values in the hanger tables or the weld capacity — refer to technical bulletin HU/HUC Welded onto Steel Members (T-C-HUHUC-W).
- These hangers cannot be modified
See Hanger Options for hanger modifications, which may result in reduced loads.
Code Reports & Compliance