LSSJ Face-Mount Adjustable Light Slopeable/Skewable Jack Hanger
On This Page
The innovative LSSJ is ideal for connecting jack rafters to hip members. Featuring a one-sided connection point for ease of installation and a versatile, hinged seat, the LSSJ is easily field adjustable to all typical rafter slopes ranging from 0:12 to 12:12. The LSSJ’s header flange allows for easy skew adjustment, from 0° to 45°. It ships pre-bent at 45° so is ready to place for most typical applications. Specify left (L) or right (R) model when ordering.
- Hanger installs from one side with all fastener holes easily accessible
- Can be installed as a retrofit
- Seat grip makes setting the hanger quick and easy
- Accommodates roof pitches from 0:12 to 12:12
- Swivel seat adjusts easily and provides more support to joist, allowing for a higher load than fasteners alone
- 18 gauge
- ZMAX® coating
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- For LSSJ26 an extra nail in the seat at load durations (115) and (125) adds 75 lb. to the 0.148" x 1 1/2" nails table downloads
- Joist end needs to be bevel cut
- Table and illustration shows left and right skews LSSJR/L (LSSJR = skewed right; LSSJL = skewed left)
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance