LSU/LSSU Adjustable Light Slopeable / Skewable U Hangers
The LSU and LSSU series of hangers may be sloped and skewed in the field, offering a versatile solution for attaching joists and rafters. These hangers may be sloped up or down and skewed left or right, up to 45°.
- See table
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Attach the sloped joist at both ends so that the horizontal force developed by the slope is fully supported by the supporting members.
- LSU and LSSU may be installed at an interior corner intersection with reduced loads. Refer to engineering letter LSU/LSSU Corner Installation (L-C-LSUCORNER) for installation and allowable loads.
- For additional information, see the installation video on this product in the online image gallery.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
Deck Connection and Fastening GuideF-DECKCODE17A guide to recognizing deck deficiencies and building safer, stronger, longer-lasting outdoor deck structures.Product Guide
Do Your Decks Meet Code?/Patio Cover SystemDIY-DECKPATIO16A two-sided tearpad showing connections on one side, while the other side shows the connectors and fasteners needed for a patio cover system. Newer product recommendations are included.Flier
DIY Done Right - Make Your Home Projects EasierS-HOMEPRJCTS14A 32-page color brochure showing examples of DIY project ideas using Simpson Strong-Tie® products, including decks, patio covers, fences, and garage organization.Flier
DIY Done Right - Facilitamos los proyectos para su casaS-HOMPRJCTS14SPFlier
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
Use of Power-Driven Nails with Simpson Strong-Tie® ConnectorsT-PNEUMATIC12This technical bulletin discusses the use of pneumatically driven nails with Simpson Strong-Tie® connectors. Includes a list of connectors that may be installed with pneumatic nails.Technical Bulletin
LSU/LSSU Corner InstallationL-C-LSUCORNER17This letter provides fastener requirements and reduced allowable loads for the LSU/LSSU hangers in an alternate corner installation.Engineering Letter
LSU/LSSU/SUR/SUL/HSUR/HSUL with Strong-Drive® SD Connector ScrewsL-C-SLSKHGRSD16Allowable Loads for Simpson Strong-Tie® Slopeable and Skewable U Hangers (LSU/ LSSU) and Skewed 45° Hangers (SUR/SUL/HSUR/HSUL) using Strong-Drive® SD Connector Screws.Engineering Letter
Show 7 MoreShow Less
- Roof loads are 125% of floor loads unless limited by other criteria.
- Uplift loads include an increase for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed; reduce when other loads govern.
- Truss chord cross-grain tension may limit allowable loads in accordance with ANSI/TPI 1-2014. Simpson Strong-Tie® Connector Selector® software includes the evaluation of cross-grain tension in its hanger allowable loads. For additional information, contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
- For skewed LSSU hangers, the inner most face fasteners on the acute angle side are not installed.
- Do not substitute 10dx1 1/2" nails for face nails on slope and skew combinations or skewed only LSU and LSSU.
- For LSSU installations using the Strong-Drive® SD Connector screw, reference engineering letter L-C-SLSKHGRSD.
- NAILS: 16d = 0.162" dia. x 3 1/2" long, 10d = 0.148" dia. x 3" long, 10dx1 1/2 = 0.148" dia. x 1 1/2" long.
See other nail sizes and information.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|LSSU||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|LSSU2.1||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|LSSUH310||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|LSU||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
ESR-2523 is an Index of many of Simpson Strong-Tie Stamped and Welded Cold-formed Steel Products for Wood or Cold-formed Steel Construction