HU/HUC hangers may be installed on a masonry/concrete wall as described below. Additionally, HU hangers with one flange concealed may be installed similarly.
HU and HUC products are heavy-duty face-mount joist hangers made from 14-gauge galvanized steel.
- The HUC is a concealed-flange (face flanges turned in) version of the HU.
- HU is available with both flanges concealed, provided the W dimension is 2 5/16" or greater, at 100% of the table load. Specify HUC.
- HU is available with one flange concealed when the W dimension is less than 2 5/16" at 100% of the table load. Specify as an ‘X’ version and specify flange to conceal.
- For any HU or HUC shown in this catalog, the user may substitute all face nails with 1/4" x 1 3⁄4" Titen® 2 screws (Model TTN2-25134H). Follow all installation instructions and use the loads from this catalog.
- 14 gauge
- Galvanized; ZMAX® and stainless steel available
- Attach the hangers to concrete or GFCMU walls using hex-head Titen® 2 screws. Titen screws for GFCMU (1/4" x 2 3/4" — Model TTN2-25234H) and for concrete (1/4" x 1 3/4" — Model TTN2-25134H) are not provided with the hangers.
- Drill the 3/16"-diameter hole to the specified embedment depth plus 1/2".
- Alternatively, drill the 3/16"-diameter hole to the specified embedment depth and blow it clean using compressed air.
- Caution: Oversized-diameter holes in the base material will reduce or eliminate the mechanical interlock of the threads with the base material and will reduce the anchor’s load capacity.
- Titen Screw Installation Tool kits are available. They include a 3/16" drill bit and hex-head driver bit (Model TTNT01-RC); a 3/16" x 4 1/2" drill bit is also available (Model MDB18412).
- A minimum end and edge distance of 1 1/2" is required.
- For skewed hangers use 75% of table uplift load. If hanger width is greater than 3 9/16", then use 80% of table download; otherwise use 100% of table download.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
Cold-Formed Steel Connectors CatalogC-CFS-15Product information, specifications, load tables and installation illustrations for our cold-formed steel connectors and clips for commercial curtain-wall, mid-rise and residential construction.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
U/HU Hanger Special Order WorksheetT-U-HU-WS06This worksheet simplifies the ordering of special order U and HU multiple seat hangers.Worksheet
DIY Done Right - Make Your Home Projects EasierS-HOMEPRJCTS14A 32-page color brochure showing examples of DIY project ideas using Simpson Strong-Tie® products, including decks, patio covers, fences, and garage organization.Flier
DIY Done Right - Facilitamos los proyectos para su casaS-HOMPRJCTS14SPFlier
Connectors Installed on SCL ColumnsT-C-SCLCLM16A one-page, single-sided technical bulletin discussing the structural properties of the two different surface sides of SCL columns, including the listing of reduction factors.Technical Bulletin
Hangers on Rim Boards HeadersT-C-RIMBDHGR16A one-page technical bulletin discussing condition when face-mount and top-flange hangers can be used with an engineered “rim board” wood product.Technical Bulletin
HU/HUC Hangers - Masonry/Concrete Wall ApplicationT-C-HUHUCTTN15Information on the installation instructions, proper fasteners and load information for non-modified HU and HUC hangers for masonry/concrete wall applications.Technical Bulletin
HU/HUC Welded Onto Steel MembersT-C-HUHUC-W16A two-page technical bulletin including updated load calculations for current steel specifications and AISI safety factors.Technical Bulletin
Sloped Joist in Non-Sloped HangersT-C-SLOPEJST17A one-page technical bulletin discussing the performance of non-sloped hangers used to support a sloped joist. It includes reduction factors for B, ITS, HU and welded-series hangers.Technical Bulletin
Use of Power-Driven Nails with Simpson Strong-Tie® ConnectorsT-PNEUMATIC12This technical bulletin discusses the use of pneumatically driven nails with Simpson Strong-Tie® connectors. Includes a list of connectors that may be installed with pneumatic nails.Technical Bulletin
Face-Mount Hangers over Wood Structural PanelL-C-FCMNTSHTG17Face-mount Hangers Installed Over Wood Structural Panel Sheathing.Engineering Letter
LSU/LSSU/SUR/SUL/HSUR/HSUL with Strong-Drive® SD Connector ScrewsL-C-SLSKHGRSD16Allowable Loads for Simpson Strong-Tie® Slopeable and Skewable U Hangers (LSU/ LSSU) and Skewed 45° Hangers (SUR/SUL/HSUR/HSUL) using Strong-Drive® SD Connector Screws.Engineering Letter
Installation Guide for Plated-Truss Connectors (English and Spanish)WC-C-PTBI14WC-C-PTBI14 is an eight-page English/Spanish wall chart featuring product and installation illustrations for plated-truss connectors.
Show 13 MoreShow Less
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind duration with no further increase is allowed; reduce when other loads govern.
- Minimum f'c = 2,500 psi and minimum f'm = 1,500 psi
- When only one flange is concealed specify right or left concealed flange.
- Models with "X" are not stock items.
- Products shall be installed such that Titen® screws are not exposed to weather.
- Fasteners: 16d common = 0.162" dia. x 3 1/2" long; 16d x 2 1/2" = 0.162" dia. x 2 1/2" long; 10d common = 0.148" dia. x 3" long; 10d x 1 1/2" = 0.148" dia. x 1 1/2" long. TTN2-25134H = 1/4" x 1 3/4" Titen 2; TTN2-25234H = 1/4" x 2 3/4" Titen 2; TTN25134H = Titen 1/4" x 1 3/4" and TTN25234H =Titen 1/4" x 2 3/4" may also be used at full table loads. See other nail sizes and information.