HU/HUC/HSUR/L Face-Mount Masonry Hangers
HU and HUC products are heavy duty face mount joist hangers made from 14 gauge galvanized steel.
- The HUC is a concealed flange version of the HU. Concealed flange hangers have the header flanges turned in.
- HU is available with header flanges concealed, provided the W dimension is 2 5/16" or greater, at 100% of the table load. Specify HUC.
- HU is available with one header flange concealed when the W dimension is less than 2 5/16" at 100% of the table load.
- For allowable loads on HU products not listed in the table, request technical bulletin HU/HUC Hangers — Masonry/Concrete Wall Application (T-C-HUHUCTTN).
Galvanized, ZMAX® and stainless steel available
- These hangers are attached to grouted CMU walls using 1/4"x2 3/4" hex head Simpson Strong-Tie® Titen® screws or for concrete walls using 1/4"x1 3/4" hex head Titen screws. Titen screws are not provided.
- Drill the 3/16" diameter hole to the specified embedment depth plus 1/2".
- Alternatively, drill the 3/16" diameter hole to the specified embedment depth and blow it clean using compressed air.
- Caution: Oversized holes in the base material will reduce or eliminate the mechanical interlock of the threads with the base material and will reduce the anchor's load capacity.
- The hangers should be installed such that a minimum end and edge distance of 1 1/2" is maintained.
- Provide moisture barrier between beam and wall per jurisdictional requirements.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
Cold-Formed Steel Connectors CatalogC-CFS-15Product information, specifications, load tables and installation illustrations for our cold-formed steel connectors and clips for commercial curtain-wall, mid-rise and residential construction.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
U/HU Hanger Special Order WorksheetT-U-HU-WS06This worksheet simplifies the ordering of special order U and HU multiple seat hangers.Worksheet
DIY Done Right - Make Your Home Projects EasierS-HOMEPRJCTS14A 32-page color brochure showing examples of DIY project ideas using Simpson Strong-Tie® products, including decks, patio covers, fences, and garage organization.Flier
DIY Done Right - Facilitamos los proyectos para su casaS-HOMPRJCTS14SPFlier
Connectors Installed on SCL ColumnsT-C-SCLCLM16A one-page, single-sided technical bulletin discussing the structural properties of the two different surface sides of SCL columns, including the listing of reduction factors.Technical Bulletin
Hangers on Rim Boards HeadersT-C-RIMBDHGR16A one-page technical bulletin discussing condition when face-mount and top-flange hangers can be used with an engineered “rim board” wood product.Technical Bulletin
HU/HUC Hangers - Masonry/Concrete Wall ApplicationT-C-HUHUCTTN15Information on the installation instructions, proper fasteners and load information for non-modified HU and HUC hangers for masonry/concrete wall applications.Technical Bulletin
HU/HUC Welded Onto Steel MembersT-C-HUHUC-W16A two-page technical bulletin including updated load calculations for current steel specifications and AISI safety factors.Technical Bulletin
Sloped Joist in Non-Sloped HangersT-C-SLOPEJST14A bulletin on the performance of non-sloped hangers used to support a sloped joist; includes reduction factors from previous versions plus B, ITS, HU and W series hangers.Technical Bulletin
Use of Power-Driven Nails with Simpson Strong-Tie® ConnectorsT-PNEUMATIC12This technical bulletin discusses the use of pneumatically driven nails with Simpson Strong-Tie® connectors. Includes a list of connectors that may be installed with pneumatic nails.Technical Bulletin
Face-Mount Hangers over Wood Structural PanelL-C-FCMNTSHTG15Face-mount Hangers Installed Over Wood Structural Panel Sheathing.Engineering Letter
LSU/LSSU/SUR/SUL/HSUR/HSUL with Strong-Drive® SD Connector ScrewsL-C-SLSKHGRSD16Allowable Loads for Simpson Strong-Tie® Slopeable and Skewable U Hangers (LSU/ LSSU) and Skewed 45° Hangers (SUR/SUL/HSUR/HSUL) using Strong-Drive® SD Connector Screws.Engineering Letter
Installation Guide for Plated-Truss Connectors (English and Spanish)WC-C-PTBI14WC-C-PTBI14 is an eight-page English/Spanish installation guide for plated-truss connectors.
Show 13 MoreShow Less
- Uplift loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase is allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Minimum concrete strength f'c shall be 2500 psi. CMU shall have a minimum grout strength of 2500 psi with standard ASTM C90 units and type N or S mortar.
- The HU28 can be ordered skewed 45° and achieve the same loads.
- See Titen® screw details. Use stainless-steel Titen® screws and products in exposed applications. Tabulated loads apply to stainless-steel applications.
- Noted loads for the HSUL/R shall be 0.8 the table loads for concrete applications.
- Table allowable loads were determined using tested lowest ultimate/3 or fastener calculation values.
- NAILS: 16dx2 1/2 = 0.162" dia. x 2 1/2" long, 10d = 0.148" dia. x 3" long, 10dx1 1/2 = 0.148" dia. x 1 1/2" long.
See other nail sizes and information.