E-Z Spike™ E-Z Post Base Spike
On This Page
The E-Z Spike is part of a Simpson Strong-Tie® line of products designed to help make reinforcing fence posts simple and economical. The E-Z product line offers solutions for a variety of fence post projects. This post base allows for easy installation of 4x4 wood posts without digging holes or pouring concrete.
- Can be used where quick-to-install posts are needed, including fencing and mailbox applications
- Black powder-coated steel construction for reliable strength and decorative finish
- Approved for installation with the Strong-Drive® SDS Connector screw
- 12 gauge
- Black powder coat
- See flier Make Fence Post Repair E-Z (F-C-EZFPP)
- Attach E-Z Spike to post with (8) 1/4" Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws or 1/4" HDG lag screws
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent rotation about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations such as fences or unbraced carports
The E-Z Base and E-Z Spike products should not be used for solid fences in excess of 4' in height or that are unprotected from wind forces. These products are not rated for uplift loads, and should not be used with posts for overhead structures or any other structure that requires resistance to wind uplift loads. Notwithstanding the terms of the Limited Warranty, Simpson Strong-Tie does not guarantee, represent or warrant that this product will prevent or reduce damage caused by corrosion, or any seismic, wind, atmospheric, or other load-producing event.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|FPBS44||12||Powder Coating, Black||1|
Code Reports & Compliance