KBSZ™ Knee Brace Stabilizer
The KBS1Z knee brace stabilizer makes a structural connection between knee bracing and columns or beams to help stabilize freestanding structures and comply with many prescriptive deck bracing requirements such as AWC's DCA6 Prescriptive Residential Wood Deck Construction Guide. Factory-formed at a 45° angle and easily installed with nails, the KBS1Z braces 2x, 4x and 6x in line post-to-beam configurations. Check with your local building department for deck bracing requirements.
- 16 gauge
- ZMAX® coating
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- For installations at an angle other than 45°, bend KBS1Z along slots to desired angle. Bend one time only.
- Knee Brace:
— Cut braces at desired angle
— Bend KBS1Z to desired angle if required
— Install fasteners to secure in place
— For equal-width members, install (2) KBS1Z on each end of brace (see illustration, connection type 1)
— For 2x knee brace, install single KBS1Z on each end of brace (see illustration, connection type 2)
— Install in pairs; see illustrations for quantity and configuration
— Part used as a column cap; does not replace a knee brace
- US Patent 9,045,895
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
Many of these products are approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
- Allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- For braces installed at intermediate angles, allowable loads may be interpolated between loads listed for brace angle = 45° and those listed for brace angle = 30° or 60°.
- #9 x 1 1/2" Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws may be substituted for fasteners specified with no load reduction.
Code Reports & Compliance