FJA Foundation Joist Anchor
The FJA is designed to provide a direct connection between the foundation and a joist to resist uplift and lateral forces. This foundation joist anchor nails or bolts directly into floor joists for an easy installation process. The FJA is a simple and versatile solution for light- or heavy-duty applications in both new and retrofit projects.
- Connects a joist to a foundation
- May be bent, one time only, along bend line up to 20° to accommodate installation
- Increased loads for wind or seismic forces
- 12 gauge
- Galvanized or HDG; see Corrosion Information
- Install with 0.148 x 1 1/2" nails or 1/2"-diameter anchor bolts
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|FJA||12||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- Allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Spacing to be specified by the designer.
- For additional retrofit information, see flier F-SEISRETRGD.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance