FSA Foundation Stud Anchor
The FSA is designed to provide a direct connection between the foundation and a stud or joist on raised floors to resist uplift. This foundation stud anchor nails or bolts to floor joists, or nails directly to the stud. The FSA is a simple and versatile solution for light- or heavy-duty projects.
- Connects a joist or stud to a floor or a foundation
- May be bent, one time only, along bend line up to 20° to accommodate installation
- Increased loads for wind or seismic forces
- 12 gauge
- Install with 0.148 x 1 1/2" nails or 1/2"-diameter anchor bolts
- Plywood sheathing may require notching with stud-to-foundation installation
Product Information Table
|Zinc Galvanized, G90
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- Allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Spacing to be specified by the designer.
- All references to bolts are for structural-quality through bolts (not lag screws or carriage bolts) equal or better than ASTM A307, Grade A.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance