FSA Foundation Stud Anchor
On This Page
The FSA is designed to provide a direct connection between the foundation and a stud or joist on raised floors to resist uplift. This foundation stud anchor nails or bolts to floor joists, or nails directly to the stud. The FSA is a simple and versatile solution for light- or heavy-duty projects.
- Connects a joist or stud to a floor or a foundation
- May be bent, one time only, along bend line up to 20° to accommodate installation
- Increased loads for wind or seismic forces
- 12 gauge
- Install with 0.148 x 1 1/2" nails or 1/2"-diameter anchor bolts
- Plywood sheathing may require notching with stud-to-foundation installation
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|FSA||12||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- Allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Spacing to be specified by the designer.
- For additional retrofit information, see flier F-SEISRETRGD.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance