URFP/FRFP Retrofit Foundation Plates
The URFP universal retrofit foundation plate is the new, improved version of the UFP, offering increased load while maintaining the same adjustability during installation. Ideal where there is minimum vertical clearance, the URFP provides a retrofit method to secure the mudsill to the foundation. This new design allows installation flexibility when the mudsill is offset or inset from the foundation edge. With its combination of longitudinal embossments, stiffening darts and scalloped slotted holes, the URFP allows for a one-for-one replacement of 1/2" or 5/8" mudsill anchors as well as fixity to both the SDS screws and required concrete anchorage.
The next generation FRFP flat retrofit foundation plate connects the mudsill to the foundation and provides lateral load resistance. This new design allows the Designer to maintain the same prescriptive requirements when filling the original three holes, or as an alternate, fill the newly added two optional triangle holes and utilize increased loads and greater allowable spacing.
- URFP — 14 gauge; FRFP — 7 gauge
- Galvanized. May be ordered HDG; contact Simpson Strong-Tie. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Loads are based on test results using Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® 1/4" x 3" SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, which are supplied with the URFP.
- For URFP, alternate lag screws will not achieve published loads.
- FRFP shall use a minimum Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screw length of 2 1/2" plus the shim thickness. FRFP may be installed with 1/4" HDG lag screws. Follow code requirements for predrilling.
Product Information Tables
Prescriptive Spacing for URFP and FRFP to Replace Sill Anchor Bolts
- 'Prescriptive' denotes spacing requirements per the IEBC and designs per the IRC and conventional provisions of the IBC.
- For design in accordance with the IEBC Chapter A3, the URFP may be used as a one-for-one replacement for the alternate connections shown in Figures A3-4A, A3-4B, and A3-4C.
- FRFP with five Strong-Drive® SDSs may be used as a one-for-one replacement for 5/8" anchor bolts.
- Spacing is based on the parallel to plate load direction.
- 5/8" anchor bolt required for Seismic Design Category E.
These products are available with additional corrosion protection. Additional products on this page may also be available with this option, check with Simpson Strong-Tie for details.
- Allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake
loading with no further increase allowed; reduce where other load
- Each anchor bolt requires a standard-cut washer. The Simpson
Strong-Tie Titen HD® heavy-duty screw anchor does not require
- Nominal embedment depth for post-installed anchors must be a
minimum of 4" and is for use with SET-XP® or AT-XP® structural
anchoring adhesives or Titen HD screw anchors.
- For redwood mudsills, reduce F1 on FRFP to 820 lb. (1,395 lb. for
five screws) and on URFP 10 1,180 lb.
- For installation on SPF/HF sill plates, use 0.86 x DF/SF allowable load.
- For additional retrofit information see flier F-SEISRETRGD
|Part ||IAPMO UES ER ||ICC-ES ESR ||City of Los Angeles ||State of Florida|
ESR-2523 is an Index of many of Simpson Strong-Tie Stamped and Welded Cold-formed Steel Products for Wood or Cold-formed Steel Construction