URFP Universal Retrofit Foundation Plate
The URFP universal design provides a method to secure the mudsill to many foundation types. The URFP scalloped, slotted hole feature allows installation flexibility when the mudsill is offset or inset from the foundation edge. With allowable loads deriving from longitudinal embossments and stiffening darts, the URFP may be used as a one-for-one replacement of 1/2" or 5/8" mudsill anchors.
- Ideal where vertical clearance is minimal
- Increased loads for wind or earthquake loading
- Galvanized (G90) or hot-dip galvanized. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Install using 1/4" x 3" Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, which are supplied
- Using lag screws as a fastening alternative will not achieve published loads
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||H (in.)||Product Includes||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|URFP-SDS3||14||10 5/8||6 1/4||(5) 1/4 in. x 3 in. Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|URFP-SDS3HDG||14||10 5/8||6 1/4||(5) 1/4 in. x 3 in. Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- Allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Each anchor bolt requires a standard-cut washer. The Simpson Strong-Tie® Titen HD® heavy-duty screw anchor does not require a washer.
- Nominal embedment depth for post-installed anchors into concrete must be 4" for SET-3G™ or AT-XP®, or use THD50400H Titen HD® screw anchors. Anchorage into CMU is per designer.
- For redwood mudsills, reduce F1 on URFP to 1,180 lb.
- For installation on SPF/HF sill plates, use 0.86 x DF/SP allowable load.
Prescriptive Spacing for URFP to Replace Sill Anchor Bolts
|Number of Building Stories||Anchor Bolt Size||Anchor Bolt Spacing||URFP|
|One story||1/2" dia.||6' o.c.||6'|
|5/8" dia.||6' o.c.||6'|
|Two stories||1/2" dia.||4' o.c.||4'|
|5/8" dia.||6' o.c.||6'|
|Three stories||5/8" dia.||4' o.c.||4'|
- "Prescriptive" denotes spacing requirements per the IEBC and designs per the IRC and conventional provisions of the IBC.
- For design in accordance with the IEBC Chapter A3, the URFP may be used as a one-for-one replacement for the alternative connections shown in Figures.
- Spacing is based on the parallel-to-plate load direction.
- 5/8" anchor bolt required for Seismic Design Category E.
Code Reports & Compliance