LTP Lateral Tie Plate
On This Page
The LTP is designed to transfer shear forces for plate-to-rim board or blocking connections. This lateral tie plate can be securely installed over plywood sheathing or directly to the framing members. The LTP features strategically spaced nail holes to prevent wood splitting for single and double top-plate applications.
- Load rated for shear resistance
- Staggered nail patterns to minimize the possibility of wood splitting
- Ability to be installed over plywood sheathing
- Load rated with nails and SD screws
- 20 ga (33 mil)
- Galvanized (G90). Some products available in ZMAX®; see Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|LTP4||20||3||4 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|LTP5||20||4 1/2||5 1/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
Load Values with Carbon Steel Nails
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
The LTP4 is approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
- Allowable loads are for one angle. When angles are installed on each side of the joist, the minimum joist thickness is 3".
- Some illustrations show connections that could cause cross-grain tension or bending of the wood during loading if not reinforced sufficiently. In this case, mechanical reinforcement should be considered.
- LTP4 can be installed over 3/8" wood structural panel sheathing with 0.131" x 1 1/2" nails and achieve 0.72 of the listed load, or over 1/2" sheathing and achieve 0.64 of the listed load. 0.131" x 2 1/2" nails will achieve 100% load.
- LTP4 satisfies the IRC continuously sheathed portal frame (CS-PF) framing anchor requirements when installed over raised wood floor framing per Figure R602.10.6.4.
- The LTP5 may be installed over wood structural panel sheathing up to 1/2" thick using 0.131" x 1 1/2" nails with no reduction in load.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
|Model No.||Direction of Load||Fasteners||DF/SP Allowable Loads||SPF/HF Allowable Loads|
|Floor (100)||Roof (125)||(160)||Floor (100)||Roof (125)||(160)|
- See Load Table footnotes above for additional information.
Code Reports & Compliance