GCN-MEPMAGKT Gas-Actuated Concrete Nailer
On This Page
The GCN-MEPMAGKT gas-actuated concrete nailer is a portable fastener tool for attaching light-duty fixtures to concrete, steel, concrete block (CMU), lightweight concrete over metal deck, and cold-formed steel. As a magazine tool, GCN-MEPMAGKT is ideal for attaching drywall track, furring strips, hat track and angle track using GDP and GDPS collated pins.
GCN-MEPMAGKT offers you the flexibility of having two tools in one convenient package — a magazine tool and a single-shot tool, since the magazine is easily removed without additional assembly tools. As a single-shot tool, the GCN-MEPMAGKT is great for attaching mechanical, electrical and plumbing fixtures with pre-assembled pins/accessories such as washer pins, ceiling clips, tophats and threaded studs. The pre-assembled pins for the single-shot tool use 0.283"-headed fasteners with 0.126"-diameter shanks for stronger fastening performance.
Both the single-shot and magazine tool offer portability without the need for cords or hoses, and are actuated with GFC34 gas fuel cells.
- Power to drive 0.126"-diameter pins
- Flexibility to drive 1/2" to 1 1/2" pins
- Flexibility to drive 0.250" and 0.286" dia. headed pins
- Pin-depth adjustment dial
- Battery charge indicator light
- Comfortable “sure-grip” rubber handle and ladder hook
- Easy start-up procedure: Insert fuel cell, insert battery, load pins, and begin use
Minimum Cleaning Required
The GCN-MEPMAGKT has a very efficient ignition system that provides complete fuel combustion. This results in a cleaner operating tool, which, in turn, results in more tool energy and higher productivity. To maintain maximum level of productivity, periodic cleaning is recommended.
- Only requires cleaning every 20,000 shots
- Easy access to the air filter and piston chamber
|Model No.||Option||Packaging Qty.|
|GCN-MEPMAGKT||GCN-MEP nailer (with magazine)||1|
- Tool dimensions:
– Length 12.5" (317.5 mm), 17" (432.8 mm)
– Tool weight: 6.6 lb. (3 kg), 8.3 lb. (3.7 kg) with magazine
– Height 15.3" (389 mm)
- Compatible fasteners:
– Length: 1/2" (12.7 mm) to 1 1/2" (38 mm)
– Head diameter: 0.250" and 0.286"
– Shank diameter: 0.106" to 0.126"
- Average number of shots per fuel cell: 1,200
- Average cyclic firing rate: 2 shots per second
- Average battery charge time (6V NiMH): 2 hours
- Operation temperature range: 20°–120°F (–6°–49°C)
- Magazine capacity: 42
- Maximum fastenings before reloading: 40
The magazine is designed to retain two pins during use to prevent the tool from discharging without a fastener (which can damage the tool and possibly cause injury). The tool will resume normal operation when additional pins are loaded.
The GCN-MEPMAGKT gas-actuated concrete nailer is ideal for fastening:
- Drywall track
- Lath wire for stucco
- Water-proofing membrane
- Furring strips
The GCN-MEPMAGKT kit includes:
- GCN-MEPMAG nailer
- 2 batteries
- Battery charger
- Charger adaptor
- Allen wrenches
- Safety glasses and ear plugs
- User manual / tool schematic
- Rugged tool box
Design Information and Load Tables
Code Reports & Compliance