GH Top-Flange Girder Hanger
On This Page
Girder Hangers/Beam Seats
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Girder Hangers/Beam Seats. You can also view product information related to the category: Top-Flange Masonry Hangers
A girder-to-foundation wall connection.
- 12 gauge
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint; hot-dip galvanized: specify HDG. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Insert four 0.162" x 3 1/2" nails into girder.
- H = girder height – mudsill thickness. Measurement is from the bottom of the top flange to the top of the seat.
- 1 1/2" clearance hole accommodates rebar or anchor. This is not required.
- GH hangers may be skewed to a maximum of 45°; bevel cut required. The allowable loads are 100% of the table load.
- Specify GHD for saddle-style hangers. GHD may not be skewed.
- Loads may not be increased for duration of load.
- A mudsill on top of the GH is required to achieve the table loads.
- Models listed are for a 2x plate; specify "H" dimension when ordering for use with a 3x plate.
- Uplift loads do not apply for this connector.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance