HGT Heavy Girder Tiedown
On This Page
The HGT is a girder tiedown for high-load, 2-, 3- or 4-ply truss applications. The HGT offers high uplift capacity for girders and can be installed on trusses and beams with top chord slopes up to 8/12. The HGT can be anchored down into place directly into CMU or in combination with a holdown.
- Crescent washers supplied to allow for adjustability during installation
- Load rated to resist high-wind forces
- 7 gauge
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- When the HGT-3 is used with a 2-ply girder or beam, shimming is required. Fasten shim to act as one unit.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Description||Ga.||W (in.)||H (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|HGT-2||2-ply width||7||3 5/16||3 5/8||Simpson Strong-Tie Gray Paint||1|
|HGT-3||3-ply width||7||4 5/16||3 5/8||Simpson Strong-Tie Gray Paint||1|
|HGT-4||4-ply width||7||6 9/16||3 5/8||Simpson Strong-Tie Gray Paint||1|
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- Girder tiedowns installed on the outside of the wall require a 3 1/2" overhang to achieve table loads.
- Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws may be installed through metal truss plates as approved by the truss designer, provided the requirements of ANSI/TPI 1-2014, Sections 22.214.171.124 and 8.9.2 are met (predrilling required through the plate using a 5/32" bit maximum).
- The allowable uplift load listed is for the girder tiedown and anchor rods only. The allowable uplift of the holdown or other anchorage must be checked.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. SDS screws are Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® screws. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance