HETA Heavy Embedded Truss Anchor
On This Page
Girder Tiedowns for Plated Truss
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Girder Tiedowns for Plated Truss. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Girder Tiedowns for Masonry, Lateral Load Transfer - Masonry, Truss-to-Wall Connections, Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The HETA provides an engineered method to attach roof trusses securely to concrete and masonry walls. This heavy embedded truss anchor features staggered nail patterns to strengthen uplift resistance and can be used in pairs on single- and multi-ply trusses. The versatile HETA can be installed straight or field-bent around truss or rafter members.
- An indented embedment line ensures accurate embedment depth
- Compatible with the Simpson Strong-Tie® TSS and TBP8 moisture barrier plate
- Load rated for wind and seismic forces
- 16 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating or stainless steel. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Embedded 4" into a 6" min. concrete beam or 8" nominal grouted block wall.
- For mislocated truss anchors which are greater than 1/8" but less than 1 1/2" from the face of the truss, a shim must be provided. Shim design by truss engineer. When gap is greater than 1 1/2", abandon existing embedded truss anchor and install new anchor per designer.
- Minimum spacing of single anchors is twice the embedment depth for full load. For closer spacing, see loads for double anchor installation.
- In double anchor installations, install anchors with spoons facing outward and straps spaced no more than 1/8" wider than the rafter/truss width. Do not install nails where the straps overlap when wrapped over the rafter/truss.
- Straps do not need to be wrapped over the rafter/truss to achieve tabulated loads, unless noted otherwise.
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes for Wood Construction Connectors
- General Notes for Cold-Formed Steel
- Corrosion Information
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||H (in.)||Product Includes||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|HETA12||16||8||-||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HETA16||16||12||-||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HETA16/TSS2||HETA – 16; TSS – 22||12||Includes model TSS2 truss seat snap-in||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HETA20||16||16||-||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HETA20/TSS2||HETA – 16; TSS – 22||16||Includes model TSS2 truss seat snap-in||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HETA24||16||20||-||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HETA40||16||36||-||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
For stainless-steel fasteners, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
- Loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading, with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Concrete shall have a minimum compressive strength of f'c = 2,500 psi.
- Grout-filled CMU (GFCMU) shall have a minimum compressive strength of f'm = 1,500 psi.
- For simultaneous loads in more than one direction, the connector must be evaluated using either the Unity Equation or the 75% Rule, as described in Straps and Ties General Notes.
- For double HETA installations, install half of the required fasteners in each strap.
- F1 lateral loads listed for double HETA on 2- or 3-ply rafter/truss may cause an additional 1/16" deflection beyond the standard 1/8" limit where the straps are installed not wrapped over the heel as shown.
- Minimum edge distance for HETA is 1 1/2" for concrete and 2" for masonry. Where edge distance is less than 2" for masonry, the maximum uplift load is 1,005 lb.
- It is acceptable to use a reduced number of fasteners provided that there is a reduction in uplift allowable load. Calculate the connector allowable load for a reduced number of nails as follows: Allowable Load = (No. of Nails Used) / (No. of Nails in Table) x Table Load. Lateral loads require the lowest 7 nail holes filled for HETA.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance