LGT/MGT/VGT/HGT Girder Tiedowns
Girder Tiedowns for Plated Truss
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Girder Tiedowns for Plated Truss. You can also view product information related to the category: Girder Tiedowns
The LGT, MGT, VGT and HGT are girder tiedowns for moderate- to high-load capacity applications. The LGT and VGT are also suitable for retrofit applications.
LGT connectors provide a low-profile connection to the studs for easy installation of drywall. Simple to install and can be installed on the inside or outside of the wall. LGT connectors also provide exceptional bearing enhancement for heavy download applications.
The Variable Girder Tiedown (VGT) is a higher capacity alternative to the LGT and MGT for girder trusses. It attaches with Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws to the side of truss and features a predeflected crescent washer that allows it to accommodate top chord pitches up to 8/12. The VGT is also available with one flange concealed for attachment to trusses with no tail.
The HGT offers the highest uplift capacity for girders and can be installed on trusses and beams with top chord slopes up to 8/12.
- HGT, VGT — 7 gauge; LGT2 — 14 gauge; MGT, LGT3, LGT4 — 12 gauge
- HGT — Simpson Strong-Tie® gray paint; LGT, MGT, VGT — galvanized
- When the HGT-3 is used with a 2-ply girder or beam, shimming is required. Fasten to act as one unit.
- Before installing fasteners, ensure LGT3-SDS2.5 makes complete contact with bottom of truss.
- Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws included with LGT3, LGT4 and VGT Series.
- VGT — Can be installed on roof pitches up to 8/12 or on a bottom chord designed to transfer the load.
- VGT — Screw holes are configured to allow for double installation on a two-ply (minimum) truss.
- VGT — The product can be installed in a single application or in pairs to achieve a higher uplift capacity.
- VGT — When installed on trusses with no overhangs, specify VGTR/L.
- VGT — Install washer component (provided) so that top of washer is horizontal as well as parallel with top-of-wall top plate.
- LGT3-SDS2.5 — The four large hexagon holes are intended for GFCMU and concrete applications.
- MGT — Install a minimum of (6) 10d nails into the face of roof member that is on same side as MGT base.
- LGT3 and LGT4 are available with reduced widths of W = 4 3/4" and W = 6 5/16" — order as LGT3N-SDS2.5 and LGT4N-SDS3
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes
- FGTR/LGT/VGT girder tiedowns for masonry
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
Cold-Formed Steel Connectors CatalogC-CFS-15Product information, specifications, load tables and installation illustrations for our cold-formed steel connectors and clips for commercial curtain-wall, mid-rise and residential construction.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
Companion for the 2001 AF&PA Wood-Frame Construction Manual for Wind DesignT-01WFCM08The T-01WFCM08 is a 24-page technical bulletin designed to be used in conjunction with the 2001 edition of the Wood Frame Construction Manual.Technical Bulletin
Hurricane Ties Used For Truss Bearing EnhancementT-C-HTIEBEAR16A guide providing allowable downloads of our hurricane ties when used from truss-bearing enhancement. It includes allowable loads for connectors and for the connectors and wood combined.Technical Bulletin
Uplift Connectors Truss-to-Wall Tiedowns (Spruce-Pine-Fir)T-C-UPLFTSPF16RA one-page, double-sided technical bulletin providing allowable loads and fastening requirements for when a wood truss is supported by a spruce-pine-fir or hem fir double top plate.Technical Bulletin
Show 5 MoreShow Less
- Allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed; reduce where other loads govern.
- LGT2 — F2 load requires installation of (4) 16d sinkers in optional nail holes.
- LGT4 — F2 load requires installation of (7) 16d sinkers in optional nail holes.
- LGT4 — Uplift for DF/SP girder and SPF studs is 3,860 lb.
- MGT can be installed with straps vertical for full table load provided all specified nails are installed to either a solid header or minimum double 2x6 web.
- LGT connectors can provide bearing enhancement loads for truss download reactions. The DF/SP allowable load shall be 2060 lbs. for LGT2 and 4100 lbs. for LGT3 and LGT4 (for SPF/HF values use a 0.68 multiplier).
For more information refer to technical bulletin T-C-HTIEBEARING.
- Girder tiedowns installed on the outside of the wall require a 3 1/2" overhang to achieve table loads.
- Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Drive® screws are permitted to be installed through metal truss plates as approved by the Truss Designer, provided the requirements of ANSI/TPI 1-2014 Sections 18.104.22.168 and 8.9.2 are met (pre-drilling required through the plate using a maximum of 5/32" bit).
- NAILS: 16d Sinker = 0.148" dia. x 3 1/4" long, 10d = 0.148" dia. x 3" long.
See other nail sizes and information.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|HGT||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|HGT-2||ESR-2613 ESR-2616 ESR-2877 ESR-2523||RR25726 RR25806||FL10456 FL10866|
|HGT-3||ESR-2613 ESR-2616 ESR-2877 ESR-2523||RR25726 RR25806||FL10456 FL10866|
|HGT-4||ESR-2613 ESR-2616 ESR-2877 ESR-2523||RR25726 RR25806||FL10456 FL10866|
ESR-2523 is an Index of many of Simpson Strong-Tie Stamped and Welded Cold-formed Steel Products for Wood or Cold-formed Steel Construction