LGT Light Girder Tiedown
On This Page
The LGT is a connector designed to resist light to moderate uplift loads of multi-ply trusses. This light girder tiedown provides a low-profile connection to the studs for easy installation of drywall. The LGT connector also provides exceptional bearing enhancement for heavy download applications.
- Suitable for retrofit applications
- The embossments add stiffness in crucial areas for improved performance
- Simple to install and can be installed on the inside or outside of the wall
- Load rated to resist high-wind forces
- LGT2 — 14 gauge; LGT3/LGT4 — 12 gauge
- Galvanized (G90). Some models availabale in HDG; see Corrosion Information.
- Before installing fasteners, ensure LGT3-SDS2.5 makes complete contact with bottom of truss
- Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws included with LGT3 and LGT4
- LGT3-SDS2.5 — the four large hexagon holes are intended for GFCMU and concrete applications
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Description||Ga.||W (in.)||H (in.)||Coating/Material||Product Includes||Packaging Qty.|
|LGT2||2-ply width||14||7 1/4||13 1/2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||-||1|
|LGT2HDG||2-ply width||14||7 1/4||13 1/2||Hot-Dip Galvanized||-||1|
|LGT3-SDS2.5||3-ply width||12||10||14 13/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||(12) 1/4 in. x 2-1/2 in. Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws||1|
|LGT4-SDS3||4-ply width||12||12 5/8||15 5/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||(16) 1/4 in. x 3 in. Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws||1|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- LGT2 — F2 load requires installation of (4) 0.148" x 3 1/4" sinkers or four #9 x 1 1/2" SD Connector screws (SD) in optional nail holes.
- LGT4 — F2 load requires installation of (7) 0.148" x 3 1/4" sinkers in optional nail holes.
- LGT4 — Uplift for DF/SP girder and SPF studs is 3,860 lb.
- LGT connectors can provide bearing enhancement loads for truss download reactions. For more information, refer to technical bulletin T-C-HTIEBEAR.
- LGT2 installed with #9 x 1 1/2" SD Connector screws (SD) will achieve double the uplift load when installed on opposite sides of the top plates, but on separate truss members. See typical back-to-back LGT2 installation detail. Lateral loads may not be doubled.
- Girder tiedowns installed on the outside of the wall require a 3 1/2" overhang to achieve table loads.
- Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws may be installed through metal truss plates as approved by the truss designer, provided the requirements of ANSI/TPI 1-2014, Sections 22.214.171.124 and 8.9.2 are met (predrilling required through the plate using a 5/32" bit maximum).
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. SD and SDS screws are Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive screws. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance