MGT Medium Girder Tiedown
On This Page
The MGT is a connector designed to resist moderate uplift loads. This medium girder tiedown allows flexible installation, with options to install the straps either vertically or wrapped over the top of the truss. The MGT can be anchored down into place directly into CMU or in combination with a holdown.
- Suitable for retrofit applications
- Preinstalled washer for easy installation
- Load rated to resist high-wind forces
- 12 gauge
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- May be installed with straps straight vertically on minimum 5 1/2"-wide truss web, or with straps wrapped over truss heel. For wrapped installations, install minimum of six nails into the face of the roof member on the same side as MGT base.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|MGT||12||3 3/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- Girder tiedowns installed on the outside of the wall require a 3 1/2" overhang to achieve table loads.
- Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws may be installed through metal truss plates as approved by the Truss Designer, provided the requirements of ANSI/TPI 1-2014, Sections 188.8.131.52 and 8.9.2 are met (predrilling required through the plate using a 5/32" bit maximum).
- The allowable uplift load listed is for the girder tiedown and anchor rods only. The allowable uplift of the holdown or other anchorage must be checked.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. SDS screws are Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® screws. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance