MGT Medium Girder Tiedown
The MGT is a connector designed to resist moderate uplift loads in masonry applications that are typically installed prior to roof sheathing. This medium girder tiedown allows flexible installation, with options to install the straps either vertically or wrapped over the top of the truss. The MGT can be anchored down into place directly into CMU.
- Preinstalled washer for easy installation
- Load rated to resist high-wind forces
- Galvanized for corrosion resistance
- 12 gauge
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Attach to grouted concrete block with a minimum one #5 rebar horizontal in the top lintel block
- May be installed with straps straight vertically on minimum 5 1/2"-wide truss web, or with straps wrapped over truss heel. For wrapped installations, install minimum of six nails into the face of the roof member on the same side as MGT base.li>
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|MGT||12||3 3/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|Model No.||W (in.)||O.C. Dimension Between Anchors (in.)||Fasteners (in.)||Allowable Uplift Loads|
|Girder||Concrete and GFCMU Anchor||DF/SP (160)||SPF/HF (160)|
|MGT||3 3/4||—||(22) 0.148 x 3||(1) 5/8||4365||3750|
- Attached members must be designed to resist applied loads.
- Concrete shall have a minimum compressive strength of f'c = 2,500 psi.
- Grout-filled CMU (GFCMU) shall have a minimum compressive strength of f'm = 1,500 psi.
- To achieve the loads listed for the MGT, install SET-XP® anchoring adhesive anchorage into a 8"-wide concrete tie-beam or grouted and reinforced CMU bond beam with a minimum embedment depth of 12". Vertical reinforcement may be required to transfer the loads per designer. Alternate anchorage may be determined by designer.
- Allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- MGT allowable loads are based on installation on a minimum 2-ply wood truss or beam. For single-ply applications, install MGT with (22) 0.148" x 1.5" nails for uplift of 3,165 lb. (DF), 3,275 lb. (SP) and 2,720 lb. (SPF/HF).
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance