Heli-Tie™ Helical Wall Tie
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Helical Ties. You can also view product information related to the category: Crack Repair Accessories
The Heli-Tie helical wall tie is a stainless-steel tie used to anchor building façades to structural members or to stabilize brick walls.
The helical design allows the tie to be driven quickly and easily into a predrilled pilot hole (or embedded into mortar joints in new construction) to provide a mechanical connection between a masonry façade and its backup material. As it is driven, the fins of the tie undercut the masonry to provide an expansion-free anchorage that will withstand tension and compression loads.
The Heli-Tie wall tie is installed into a predrilled hole using a proprietary setting tool with an SDS-plus® shank rotohammer to drive and countersink the tie. Heli-Tie wall ties perform in concrete and masonry as well as wood and steel studs.
- Installs quickly and easily — with the rotohammer in hammer mode, the tie installs faster than competitive products.
- Provides an inconspicuous repair that preserves the appearance of the building. After installation, the tie is countersunk up to 1/2" below the surface, allowing the tie location to be patched.
- Larger core diameter provides higher torsional capacity, resulting in less deflection due to “uncoiling” under load.
- Fractionally sized anchor — no metric drill bits required.
- Patented manufacturing process results in a more uniform helix along the entire tie, allowing easier driving and better interlock with the substrate.
- Drill pilot hole through the façade material and into the backup material to the specified embedment depth + 1" using appropriate drill bit(s) in the chart below. Drill should be in rotation-only mode when drilling into soft masonry or into hollow backing material.
- Position blue end of the Heli-Tie™ fastener in the installation tool and insert the tie into the pilot hole.
- With the SDS-plus rotohammer in hammer mode, drive the tie until the tip of the installation tool enters the exterior surface of the masonry and countersinks the tie below the surface. Patch the hole in the façade with a matching masonry hanger.
- CSA A370
Design Information and Load Tables
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Coating/Material||Size (in.)||Drill Bit Dia. (in.)||Box Qty.||Carton Qty.|
|HELI371000A||Type 304 Stainless Steel||3/8 x 10||7/32 or 1/4||50||200|
|HELI371100A||Type 304 Stainless Steel||3/8 x 11||7/32 or 1/4||50||200|
|HELI371200A||Type 304 Stainless Steel||3/8 x 12||7/32 or 1/4||50||200|
|HELI371400A||Type 304 Stainless Steel||3/8 x 14||7/32 or 1/4||50||200|
|HELI371600A||Type 304 Stainless Steel||3/8 x 16||7/32 or 1/4||50||200|
|HELI371800A||Type 304 Stainless Steel||3/8 x 18||7/32 or 1/4||50||200|
|HELI372000A||Type 304 Stainless Steel||3/8 x 20||7/32 or 1/4||50||200|
|HELI37700A||Type 304 Stainless Steel||3/8 x 7||7/32 or 1/4||50||400|
|HELI37800A||Type 304 Stainless Steel||3/8 x 8||7/32 or 1/4||50||400|
|HELI37900A||Type 304 Stainless Steel||3/8 x 9||7/32 or 1/4||50||400|
Code Reports & Compliance