EB-TY® Hidden Deck Fasteners®
The EB-TY provides a unique method of fastening deck boards that makes the fasteners virtually invisible. Fastening is done into the side of the deck board and the edge of the framing member, leaving a fastener-free deck surface.
The EB-TY is a polypropylene biscuit fastener that fits into a pre-cut deck board or into a slot the builder cuts into the edge of the deck boards with a standard biscuit joiner. The EB-TY fasteners are inserted and fastened with a screw driven through the biscuit and into the joist. Nesting each successive board against the EB-TY automatically ensures consistent spacing and uniform height.
- Easy to install since all fastening is done from the top side
- Affords easier deck resurfacing because fastener heads are below from the deck surface
- Formed from long-lasting polypropylene to last the life of the deck
- Stainless-steel #7 trim-head screws included (black head, 6-lobe T-15 drive)
- Each EB-TY package includes installation instructions and enough EB-TY fasteners, screws and tapered Ipê wood plugs to install 100 square feet of decking (175-Pack quantity assumes 6" wide boards, installed perpendicular to joists spaced 16" on center)
- U.S. Patents: 6,402,415 and 7,578,105
Product Information Table
* Comes with Type 316 stainless-steel fastener.