HHRC Hip-Ridge Face-Mount Connector
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Hip Connectors. You can also view product information related to the category: Misc. Connectors for Engineered Wood
The HHRC attaches hip beams to the end of a ridge beam. It takes the inconsistency out of this common detail and assigns a standard load capacity. The HHRC can be placed higher or lower on the ridge beam so the hips are flush at the top.
- Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws included
- Use all specified fasteners (included); see General Notes
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Application||Member Size||Ga.||W1 (in.)||W2 (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|HHRC2-2||Solid Sawn Lumber||Ridge (2) 2x – Hip (2) 2x||12||3 1/8||3 1/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HHRC4/1.81||Structural Composite Lumber / Solid Sawn Lumber||Ridge 4x – Hip 1 3/4||12||3 5/8||1 13/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HHRC42||Solid Sawn Lumber||Ridge 4x – Hip 2x||12||3 5/8||1 9/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HHRC42-2||Solid Sawn Lumber||Ridge 4x – Hip (2) 2x||12||3 5/8||3 1/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HHRC44||Solid Sawn Lumber / Structural Composite Lumber||SSL: Ridge 4x – Hip 4x / SCL: Ridge 3 1/2 – Hip 3 1/2||12||3 5/8||3 5/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HHRC5.25/3.25||Glulam||Ridge 5 1/8 – Hip 3 1/8||12||5 1/4||3 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HHRC5.37/3.12||Structural Composite Lumber / Solid Sawn Lumber||Ridge 5 1/4 – Hip (2) 2x||12||5 3/8||3 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HHRC5.37/3.56||Structural Composite Lumber / Solid Sawn Lumber||Ridge 5 1/4 – Hip 3 1/2||12||5 3/8||3 5/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HHRC64||Solid Sawn Lumber||Ridge 6x – Hip 4x||12||5 5/8||3 5/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HHRC66||Solid Sawn Lumber||Ridge 6x – Hip 6x||12||5 5/8||5 5/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
HHRC Allowable Loads
Many of these products are approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
- Allowable loads shown are for each hip. Total load carried by the connector is double this number.
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Fasteners: SD screws are Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® screws. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance