HPA Heavy Purlin Anchor
On This Page
Holdowns and Tension Ties
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Holdowns and Tension Ties. You can also view product information related to the category: Purlin Anchors
The HPA is a solution for CFS-to-concrete connections. To support code requirements, this heavy purlin anchor is designed to connect roof purlins to a masonry exterior wall. The HPA offers the highest capacity in concrete.
- Embedment line stamped on strap to aid installation
- Screw pattern optimized for flange attachment
- Low design profile minimizes visibility
- 10 gauge
- Galvanized. HPA28 also available in HDG; see Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; some models have extra fastener holes. See General Notes.
- Purlin anchor must hook around rebar.
- Allowable loads are for a horizontal installation into the side of a concrete wall.
- Strap may be bent one full cycle. (Bent vertical 90° then bent horizontal.)
Edge Distance: Minimum concrete edge distance is 5".
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Corrosion Information
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|HPA28||10||2 1/16||32 1/2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HPA35||10||2 1/16||38 1/2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
- Loads may not be increased for short-term loading.
- For concrete installs, the minimum compressive strength, f'c = 3,000 psi.
- Multiply Seismic and Wind ASD load values by 1.4 or 1.67, respectively, to obtain LRFD capacities.
- In accordance with 2012, 2015 and 2018 IBC Section 1613.1, detached one- and two-family dwellings in Seismic Design Category (SDC) C may use "Wind and SDC A&B" allowable loads.
- Minimum center-to-center spacing is 3 times the required embedment (Smin = 3 x le) for HPAs acting in tension simultaneously, where le = embedment depth. Standard installation is based on minimum 5" end distance.
- Install fasteners symmetrically and with a minimum of 4 of the required fasteners between the embedment line and the first tooling hole. In some cases, not all of the fastener holes will need to be filled.
- Per ASCE7-10, 22.214.171.124.2, for diaphragms in structures assigned to SDC C-F, maximum allowable strap tensile capacity shall be no less than 1.4 times the design load. Not applicable (NA) for Wind and SDC A&B designs.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance