S/DTT Light Tension Tie
The S/DTT is suitable for lighter-duty hold-down (holdown) applications on single or back-to-back studs, and installs easily with #14 self-drilling screws. These light tension ties are ideal for retrofit or new construction projects. They provide high-strength, post-pour, concrete-to-steel connections.
- Can be installed with cast-in-place or post-installed anchor bolts
- Short profile height
- 68 mil (14 ga.)
- ZMAX® coating
- Use all specified fasteners.
- Use the specified number of type of screws to attach the strap portion to the steel stud. Bolt the base to the wall or foundation with a suitable anchor; see table for the required bolt diameter.
- S/DTT2Z requires a standard cut washer (included) be installed between the nut and the seat.
- Special sizes can be made to order; contact Simpson Strong-Tie
- US Patent 8,555,580
Product Information Table
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- The designer shall specify the foundation anchor material type, embedment and configuration.
- Stud design by specifier. Tabulated loads are based on a minimum stud thickness for fastener connection.
- Deflection at ASD or LRFD includes fastener slip, holdown deformation and anchor rod elongation for holdowns installed up to 4" above top of concrete. Holdowns may be installed raised, up to 18" above top of concrete, with no load reduction provided that additional elongation of the anchor rod is accounted for. See S/HDU holdown for installation detail.
- The Nominal Tension Load is based on the tested average ultimate (peak) load and is provided for design in accordance with section C5 of AISI S213 that requires a tension tie to have a nominal strength to resist the lesser of the amplified seismic load or the maximum force the system can deliver.
- It is acceptable to use the capacity listed for the thickest single member or back-to-back members for thicker stud members in the same configuration. Stud design by specifier.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance