The S/HDU series of holdowns combines performance with ease of installation. The pre-deflected geometry virtually eliminates material stretch, resulting in low deflection under load. Installation using self-drilling tapping screws into the studs reduces installation time and saves labor cost.
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- Use standard #14 self-drilling screws to fasten to studs.
- Anchor bolt washer is not required.
- See SB, SSTB and PAB Anchor Bolts for cast-in-place anchorage options.
- See SET-XP® and AT-XP® adhesive products for anchor bolt retrofit options.
These products are available with additional corrosion protection. Additional products on this page may also be available with this option, check with Simpson Strong-Tie for details.
- The Designer shall specify the foundation anchor
material type, embedment and configuration. Some of
the tabulated holdown tension loads exceed the tension
strength of typical ASTM A36 or A307 anchor bolts.
- Stud design by Specifier. Tabulated loads are based
on a minimum stud thickness for fastener connection.
- 1/4-inch self-drilling screws may be substituted for #14 self-tapping screws.
- A heavy hex nut for the anchor bolt is required to achieve the table loads for S/HDU11.
- Deflection at ASD or LRFD includes fastener slip,
holdown deformation and anchor rod elongation for
holdowns installed up to 4" above top of concrete.
Holdowns may be installed raised, up to 18" above
top of concrete, with no load reduction provided that
additional elongation of the anchor rod is accounted for.
- The Nominal Tension Load is based on the tested
average ultimate (peak) load and is provided for
design in accordance with section C5 of AISI S213
that requires a holdown to have a nominal strength
to resist the lesser of the amplified seismic load or
the maximum force the system can deliver.
- See more on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.