S/LTTP2 Tension Tie
The S/LTTP2 tension tie is ideal for retrofit or new construction. It is designed for easy installation for attachment with a 1/2"-diameter post-installed or cast-in-place anchor to concrete and #10 screws to a CFS stud. The S/LTTP2 has flanges rolled into the bend and an extruded anchor bolt hole that provides increased strength and limits deflection.
- Ideal for retrofit or new construction
- Easy installation for attachment of 1/2"-diameter post-installed or cast-in-place anchors to concrete and #10 screws to CFS studs
- Flanges rolled into bend and extruded anchor bolt hole provides increased strength and limits deflection
- 129 mil (10 ga.)
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use the specified number and type of screws to attach the strap portion to the steel stud; bolt the base to the wall or foundation with suitable 1/2"-diameter anchor
- For cast-in-place, reference PAB anchor bolts
- For post-installed options, reference Titen HD® Heavy-Duty Screw Anchor, SET-3G™ and AT-3G™
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||CL (in.)||SO (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|S/LTTP2||129||10||2 9/16||15||1 1/8||3/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|Model No.||Dimensions (in.)||Fasteners||Stud Member Thickness mil (ga.)||ASD||LRFD||Nominal|
|W||H||cL||Anchor Bolt Diameter (in.)||Stud Fasteners||Tension Load (lb.)||Deflection at ASD Load (in.)||Tension Load (lb.)||Deflection at LRFD Load (in.)||Tension Load (lb.)|
|S/LTTP2||2 9/16||15||1 1/8||1/2||(12) #10||33 (20)||2,120||0.119||3,180||0.178||5,610|
- The designer shall specify the foundation anchor material type, embedment and configuration.
- Stud design by specifer. Tabulated loads are based on a minimum stud thickness for fastener connection.
- Deflection at ASD or LRFD includes fastener slip, holdown deformation and anchor rod elongation for holdowns installed up to 4" above top of concrete. Holdowns may be installed any height above top of concrete without load reduction provided that additional elongation of the anchor rod is accounted for. Holdown deflections may be linearly reduced for design loads less than the allowable load.
- The nominal tension load based on the tested average ultimate (peak) load and is provided for AISI S213 (IBC® 2015), section C5, which requires a tension tie to have a nominal strength to resist the lesser of the amplified seismic load or the maximum force the system can deliver. For design in accordance with AISI S400 (IBC 2018), the nominal load is the available strength (i.e., LRFD) of capacity protected components, such as shear wall holdowns, shall be greater than or equal to the required strength. The required strength is the lesser of the load determined from ASCE 7 seismic load combinations with the over strength factor and the expected strength of the seismic force-resisting system.
- It is acceptable to use the capacity listed for the thickest single member or back-to-back members for thicker stud members in the same configuration. Stud design by specifer.
- See the current Fastening Systems catalog for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie® fasteners.
- 2-33 (2-20), 2-43 (2-18) in the stud member thickness signifies holdown attached through back to back members.
Code Reports & Compliance