H/LTA2 Seismic and Hurricane Ties/Lateral Truss Anchor for Masonry
The Hurricane Tie series features various configurations of wind and seismic ties for trusses and rafters.
The H10S provides a high capacity connection from truss/rafter to wall. Also suitable for wood-to-wood applications.
The HM9 is designed to retrofit roof truss/rafters for block construction. The HM9 hurricane tie provides high uplift and lateral capacity using Simpson Strong-Tie® concrete fasteners.
The presloped 5/12 seat of the H16 provides for a tight fit and reduced deflection. The strap length provides for various truss heights up to a maximum of 13 1/2". Minimum heel height for H16 series is 4".
The new LTA2 is an embedded truss anchor for grouted CMU and concrete walls that develops high loads with shallow embedment. Designed for 2x4 minimum truss chords, the LTA2 resists uplift and lateral loads parallel and perpendicular to the wall with a minimum heel height requirement.
- Simplified design of the embedded portion allows for easy positioning close to rebar
- Ideal for anchoring trusses running perpendicular or parallel to the wall
- Embedment line stamped on part simplifies installation and helps avoid installation errors
H Ties—see table; LTA2—18 gauge
Galvanized. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- Connectors attached using hex head Simpson Strong-Tie® Titen® screws.
- Attach to grouted concrete block with a minimum one #5 rebar horizontal in the course.
- Hurricane Ties do not replace solid blocking.
- Whether in grouted CMU or concrete, the LTA2 must be embedded to the depth of the embedment line stamped on the part.
- A minimum of one horizontal #5 rebar is required at top of concrete or in the top course of grouted CMU.
- For parallel-to-wall applications, install the LTA2 with flanges facing the center of the wall. Minimum edge distance of 1 1/2" required.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
Strong-Rod™ Systems Seismic and Wind Restraint Systems GuideF-L-SRS15This guide explains how to specify Strong-Rod™ Anchor Tiedown System for Shearwall Overturning Restraint as well as the new Uplift Restraint System for Roofs.Catalog
Cold-Formed Steel Connectors CatalogC-CFS-15Product information, specifications, load tables and installation illustrations for our cold-formed steel connectors and clips for commercial curtain-wall, mid-rise and residential construction.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
Do Your Decks Meet Code?/Patio Cover SystemDIY-DECKPATIO16A two-sided tearpad showing connections on one side, while the other side shows the connectors and fasteners needed for a patio cover system. Newer product recommendations are included.Flier
Flood-Resistant Construction Guide for Flood-Prone RegionsF-C-FLOODCON13This flier is designed to educate Specifiers, Building Officials, and Dealers about how to build code-compliant structures to resist the forces created by flooding and high wind.Flier
Deck Connection and Fastening GuideF-DECKCODE13This guide provides a range of info that makes it user-friendly for DIY and novice contractors while retaining a level of detail for more experienced builders.Flier
Critical Deck ConnectionsS-DECKCONTP12A color tearpad targeting DIY’ers as an educational reference guide for safe deck construction. The piece outlines the vital components of a deck constructed with a continuous load path in mind.Flier
Critical Deck Connections - CanadaS-DECKCONCTP12A color tearpad targeting DIY’ers as an educational reference guide for safe deck construction. The piece outlines the vital components of a deck constructed with a continuous load path in mind.Flier
Critical Deck Connections (French) / Assemblages essentiels d'une terrasse (en français)S-DECKCONCTP12FFlier
DIY Done Right - Make Your Home Projects EasierS-HOMEPRJCTS14A 32-page color brochure showing examples of DIY project ideas using Simpson Strong-Tie® products, including decks, patio covers, fences, and garage organization.Flier
DIY Done Right - Facilitamos los proyectos para su casaS-HOMPRJCTS14SPFlier
S/H and H Seismic and Hurricane TiesT-CF-H1SB16Submittal/substitution request for S/H and H seismic and hurricane ties for cold-formed steel construction.Submittal
Submittal/Substitution Request CoverT-CF-CWCSUB16This editable cover sheet allows for the easy completion of submittal/substitution request forms for Simpson Strong-Tie cold-formed steel connectors.Submittal
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
Building Roof-to-Wall Continuous Load Path ConnectionsT-HTIECONPATH10This technical bulletin discusses the optimum way to build roof-to-wall continuous load path connections and avoid eccentric loading.Technical Bulletin
Companion for the 2001 AF&PA Wood-Frame Construction Manual for Wind DesignT-01WFCM08The T-01WFCM08 is a 24-page technical bulletin designed to be used in conjunction with the 2001 edition of the Wood Frame Construction Manual.Technical Bulletin
Connection Solutions for Cantilevered FloorsT-C-CNTLVRDFL16A technical bulletin providing connection solutions to create a continuous load path within a cantilevered floor system. Offers options based on the floor systems being used.Technical Bulletin
Connectors for Florida Hurricane Mitigation Retrofit When Re-RoofingT-C-FLCODE16A one-page, double-sided technical bulletin showing methods to ensure sufficient uplift capacity for roof-to-wall connections. Created after the 2009 supplement to the 2007 Florida Bldg. Code.Technical Bulletin
Hurricane Ties Used For Truss Bearing EnhancementT-C-HTIEBEAR16A guide providing allowable downloads of our hurricane ties when used from truss-bearing enhancement. It includes allowable loads for connectors and for the connectors and wood combined.Technical Bulletin
Strengthening Dwellings in Tornado-Prone AreasT-C-TORNADO15Gain insight into how to strengthen structures to resist damage in tornado-prone areas using Simpson Strong-Tie connectors and continuous-load-path design principles.Technical Bulletin
Uplift Connectors Truss-to-Wall Tiedowns (Spruce-Pine-Fir)T-C-UPLIFTSPF16A one-page, double-sided technical bulletin providing allowable loads and fastening requirements for when a wood truss is supported by a Spruce-Pine-Fir or Hem Fir double top plate.Technical Bulletin
H Ties with Three NailsL-C-HTIE3NLS15H2.5A, H2.5T, and MMH8 Installations with Three Nails.Engineering Letter
H2.5A to 2x4 Truss Bottom ChordL-C-H25A24BC15H2.5A Hurricane Tie Alternate Installation for a 2x4 Truss Bottom Chord.Engineering Letter
H2A with No Double Top Plate FastenersL-C-H2A10NLS15Simpson Strong-Tie® H2A Installation without Fasteners into the Double Top Plates.Engineering Letter
Uplift Connectors for FBSL-C-FBSUPLIFT16Roof Uplift Connectors for Factory-Built Structures.Engineering Letter
Show 24 MoreShow Less
- Loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Allowable loads are for one anchor. A minimum rafter thickness of
2 1/2"must be used when framing anchors are installed on each side of the joist and on the same side of the plate.
- The HM9KT and HGAM10KTA are kits with (20) HM9 and (10) HGAM10 connectors packaged with Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS screws and 2 1/4" and 2 3/4" Titen® screws respectively. (1 3/4" Titen® screws for concrete installations sold separately.)
- See Titen® screw information.
- Table allowable loads were determined using test ultimate/3 or fastener calculation values.
- Products shall be installed such that the Titen screws and Titen HD® anchors are not exposed to the weather.
- HGAM10 F2 loads are for forces into the connector. See illustration "HGAM10 Installed into Masonry" for loads away from the connector.
- LTA2 allowable uplift on SP is 1425 lbs. for perpendicular to wall installation and 1390 lbs. for parallel to wall installation.
- NAILS: 10dx1 1/2 = 0.148" dia. x 1 1/2" long. 8dx1 1/2 = 0.131" dia. x 1 1/2" long. See other nail sizes and information.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
High Wind-Resistant Construction D131: Load Path Installation Considerations: Overlapping ConnectorsDWG DXF