H16 Hurricane Tie
On This Page
Hurricane Ties for Masonry
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Hurricane Ties for Masonry. You can also view product information related to the category: Seismic and Hurricane Ties
The H16 is a high-capacity hurricane tie that connects trusses to the top of wall plates in masonry walls. The presloped seat simplifies installation and improves performance. The long straps of the H16 increase versatility, making it suitable for truss height up to 13 1/2".
- Provides a connection between the truss or rafter and the wall of the structure
- Engineered to resist wind forces
- The presloped seat of 5:12 provides a tight fit and reduced deflection
- 18 ga.
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Connectors attached using hex-head Titen Turbo™ screws.
- Products shall be installed such that the Titen Turbo screws are not exposed to the exterior environment.
- Attach to grouted concrete block with a minimum one #5 rebar horizontal in the course.
- Minimum heel height for H16 is 4".
- H16 presloped at 5/12. Truss/rafter pitch of 3/12 to 7/12 is acceptable.
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|H16||18||1 5/8||18 3/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Fasteners (in.)||DF/SP Allowable Loads||SPF/HF Allowable Loads|
|To Rafter / Truss||To GFCMU||To Concrete||Uplift (160)||Uplift (160)|
|H16||18||1 5/8||18 3/4||(2) 0.148 x 1 1/2||(6) 1/4 x 2 1/4 Titen Turbo||(6) 1/4 x 1 3/4 Titen Turbo||1,370||1,180|
- Loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading, with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Concrete shall have a minimum compressive strength of f'c = 2,500 psi.
- Grout-filled CMU (GFCMU) shall have a minimum compressive strength of f'm = 1,500 psi.
- Nail dimensions in the table are diameter by length. Titen Turbo screws are Simpson Strong-Tie concrete and masonry screws (hex-head model required). For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance