HGAM Hurricane Gusset Angle for Masonry
On This Page
The HGAM is designed to secure the bottom chord of a gable end truss or other framing member to masonry. The engineered gusset in the angle increases strength for lateral and uplift loads. This hurricane gusset angle installs easily with 1 1/2" Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws and Titen Turbo™ masonry screws to concrete or masonry.
- Engineered for increased loads in high-wind or seismic events
- Also available in kits with Strong-Drive SDS and Titen Turbo screws
- Strong-Drive SDS screws are high-strength structural screws that install with no predrilling because of their patented, easy driving Type-17 point
- 14 ga.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Connectors attached using hex-head Titen Turbo screws
- Products shall be installed such that the Titen Turbo screws are not exposed to the exterior environment
- Attach to grout-filled CMU with a minimum one #5 rebar horizontal in the course
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking
|Model No.||Ga.||Fasteners (in.)||DF/SP
|To Rafter / Truss||To GFCMU||To Concrete||Uplift||Lateral
|HGAM10KTA||14||(4) 1/4 x 1 1/2 SDS||(4) 1/4 x 2 3/4 Titen Turbo||(4) 1/4 x 1 3/4 Titen Turbo||810||875||1,105 6||585||630||795 6|
- Loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading, with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- HGAM10KTA allowable loads are for one anchor. A minimum rafter thickness of 2 1/2" must be used when framing anchors are installed on each side of the rafter or truss.
- Concrete shall have a minimum compressive strength of f'c = 2,500 psi.
- Grout-filled CMU (GFCMU) shall have a minimum compressive strength of f'm = 1,500 psi.
- The HGAM10KTA is a kit with (10) HGAM10 connectors packaged with Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws and 2 3/4" Titen Turbo screws. (1 3/4" Titen Turbo screws for concrete installations sold separately.)
- HGAM10 F2 loads are for forces into the connector. F2 loads away from the connector are 640 lb. (DF/SP) and 460 lb. (SPF/HF).
Moisture barrier not shown (typ.)
Code Reports & Compliance