HUC Heavy Concealed-Flange Face-Mount Joist Hanger
On This Page
Joist Framing Connectors
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Joist Framing Connectors. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Face-Mount Hangers for Solid Sawn Lumber, Face-Mount Hangers for Engineered Wood, Face-Mount Masonry Hangers
This concealed-flange hanger can be welded to structural steel members to support CFS joists.
- Extra optional triangle holes for additional load
- HUC-series hangers are tested, load rated and code compliant
- 14 ga. (68 mil)
- HUC series hangers may be welded to supporting structural steel members
- Use 1" weld segments equally spaced top and bottom, with half the segments on each side of hanger
- Welds may be either lap joint (on outside edge of flanges) or flare-bevel groove (on flange bend line)
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Loads assume an E-70S-6 (60 ksi) filler rod.
- Welds must conform to the current A.W.S. D1.3 structural welding code for sheet steel and must be performed by a certified welder.
- Designer shall ensure that the joist member adequately transfers load to hanger.
- Hanger-to-joist connection shall be made using screws on the side of the hanger where it meets the web of the joist.
- See more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
- The number of screws is per designer specifications.
Code Reports & Compliance