ICFVL Ledger Connector System
On This Page
Joist Framing Connectors
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Joist Framing Connectors. You can also view product information related to the category: Concrete
The ICFVL ledger connector system is engineered to solve the challenges of mounting CFS ledgers to insulated concrete form (ICF) walls. The ICFVL is designed to provide both vertical and lateral in-plane performance. There are many benefits over traditional anchor bolting, including better on-center spacing in most cases, faster installation and no protrusions.
The embedded legs of the ICFVL are embossed for additional stiffness and the hole allows for concrete to flow through and around the connector. The exposed flange on the face of the ICF provides a structural surface for mounting a CFS ledger.
- ICFVL — 14 ga. (68 mil); ICFVL-CW and ICFVL-W — 16 ga.
- Galvanized (G90)
ICFVL in ICF
- Snap a chalk line for the bottom of the ledger
- Mark required on-center spacing
- Use ICFVL to mark kerfs locations
- Cut kerfs as marked
- Insert ICFVL flush to the face of the ICF
- Pour concrete
CFS Ledger Attachment
- Position the ledger level to the chalk line and against the ICFVL
- Attach with four #14 x 3/4", #3 drill-point screws (not provided)
- All screws should be located at least 1/2" from the edge of the ICFVL
- Space screws evenly
- Industry studies show that hardened fasteners can experience performance problems in wet environments. Accordingly, use this product in dry environments only.
- Fasteners for CFS ledger are not provided.
- Loads apply to ICF foam thicknesses of 2 3/4" or less. Contact Simpson Strong-Tie for allowable loads on thicker walls.
- Alternately, 1/4" x 3/4" fasteners may be used.
- Concrete f'c = 2,500 psi minimum.
- When combining download and lateral loads, the designer shall use the following interaction equation: Design Download/Allowable Download + Design Lateral Load/Allowable Lateral Load ≤ 1.
These tables address vertical load applications only
- The designer may specify different spacing based on the load requirements.
- See flier F-C-ICFVL for additional connection details.
Code Reports & Compliance